Bilingual export/import errors
Thread poster: Lisa Guay
Lisa Guay
Lisa Guay
Canada
Jun 4, 2019

I did a bilingual export and the document had several missing segments (even if the translation was all completed, saved and committed.

I then filled the missing information and proofread the whole thing.

Next, I did a bilingual import and nothing of the changes made were implemented...

What happened?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:21
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Lisa Jun 4, 2019

Lisa Guay wrote:
I did a bilingual export...

Which version of Wordfast Pro are you using?

Lisa Guay
Lisa Guay
Canada
TOPIC STARTER
Wordfast pro 5 Jun 4, 2019

Wordfast pro 5

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:21
English to French
+ ...
How to go about bilingual review export - import in Wordfast Pro Aug 15, 2022

In Wordfast Pro (now version 7.x) you can export and reimport a bilingual MS Word doc that can be edited and have your txlf be updated by its contents. Since information online is scarce on the subject and some are having troubles with this method, I created a video explaining the process here: https://youtu.be/Oko-CdTNFIE

For it to work, there is a recipe to follow:
_Keep track of the ori
... See more
In Wordfast Pro (now version 7.x) you can export and reimport a bilingual MS Word doc that can be edited and have your txlf be updated by its contents. Since information online is scarce on the subject and some are having troubles with this method, I created a video explaining the process here: https://youtu.be/Oko-CdTNFIE

For it to work, there is a recipe to follow:
_Keep track of the original txlf (won’t work with another one)
_Keep track of the folders you are using (repeated operations in the same project will have you mistake the files you want to use/update)
_Make sure the editing done in the MS Word document adheres closely to the instructions given on the first page of the document
_Make sure you selected the right type of bilingual MS Word for your use case.

If you follow closely the steps in the video, it should work.
Hope this helps 😊
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual export/import errors

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »