Thread poster: Itziar Crespo
Itziar Crespo
Itziar Crespo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:57
English to Spanish
May 9, 2019

Hello everyone,
I had to deinstall WFC and have installed it again but now I'm having problems with the glossary. When I add a new term to the glossary, I write its translation in the "target term" field but the translation is NOT SAVED and the source term appears instead in the "target term" field. So I get the source term both in the "source term" and the "target term" fields. I can only save the translation if I open the txt file and type it.. which is very annoying.

My new
... See more
Hello everyone,
I had to deinstall WFC and have installed it again but now I'm having problems with the glossary. When I add a new term to the glossary, I write its translation in the "target term" field but the translation is NOT SAVED and the source term appears instead in the "target term" field. So I get the source term both in the "source term" and the "target term" fields. I can only save the translation if I open the txt file and type it.. which is very annoying.

My new WFC versión is 6.45 and I use Microsoft Word 2007

Any clues? Any solutions?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Itziar
Collapse

Itziar Crespo
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! May 9, 2019

As suggested by Tony M and the WFC manual, I have highlighted the source word, then pressed Ctrl + Alt + T, then doing the same again for the target Word.
With my previous versión, I didn't do it that way but pressing twice Ctrl+Alt+T on the source Word highlighted. The dialog box appeared, I entered the target term and it was all correctly saved.
Anyway, I'll use this method from now on.
Thank you anyway,
Itziar

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TARGET term NOT SAVED in WFC glossary Jun 6, 2019

Hi Itziar
I do the following to add terms to the glossary:
- I highlight both source and target term
- press CMD+ALT+T
Terms are saved to the glossary.
I'm on a Mac but on a PC using CTRL+ALT+T selecting both terms should give the same result.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Itziar and @Wolfgang Jun 6, 2019

Itziar Crespo wrote:
With my previous versión, I didn't do it that way but pressing twice Ctrl+Alt+T on the source Word highlighted. The dialog box appeared, I entered the target term and it was all correctly saved.

I still use this method sometimes (especially when I want to add a translation that is not currently written in the target field). I use WFC 6.03t.`

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
I do the following to add terms to the glossary:
- I highlight both source and target term...

This would not work in my version of WFC, because in MS Word one can only highlight (i.e. select) one piece of text at a time. Which version of WFC and Word are you using, that allows you to do this?

[Edited at 2019-06-06 20:59 GMT]

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
@Itziar and @Wolfgang Jun 7, 2019

Hi Samuel,
my bad, as usual, I was not reading carefully and did not realize Itziar and you were talking about Wordfast Classic and I about WFP.
Sorry about that...

Itziar Crespo
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Comment NOT saved Jun 7, 2019

Thanks a lot, Wolfgang and Samuel, for your replies!

I have already changed to this new way of saving: Ctrl+Alt+T on the source term and, then, doing the same with the target term. That works .
BUT now, I'm having a new problem: When I add a comment in the Comment box, this is not saved in the txt.
Even if I add it in the txt directly, I cannot see it in the drop-down list that appears for choosing one of the target terms already saved in the glossary.
Any clues?... See more
Thanks a lot, Wolfgang and Samuel, for your replies!

I have already changed to this new way of saving: Ctrl+Alt+T on the source term and, then, doing the same with the target term. That works .
BUT now, I'm having a new problem: When I add a comment in the Comment box, this is not saved in the txt.
Even if I add it in the txt directly, I cannot see it in the drop-down list that appears for choosing one of the target terms already saved in the glossary.
Any clues?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Itziar
Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Comment NOT saved Jun 7, 2019

Hi Itziar
can't help you there, I gave up WFC a lot of time ago.

Itziar Crespo
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Wolfgang Jun 7, 2019

OK. Thanks anyway for your reply!
Itziar

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Multiple selections in newer versions of MS Word Jun 8, 2019

Samuel Murray wrote:

This would not work in my version of WFC, because in MS Word one can only highlight (i.e. select) one piece of text at a time. Which version of WFC and Word are you using, that allows you to do this?

Aren’t multiple selections possible in newer versions of MS Word, by pressing a
modifier key while selecting?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TARGET term NOT SAVED in WFC glossary

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »