Thread poster: Itziar Crespo
Itziar Crespo
Itziar Crespo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:13
English to Spanish
May 8, 2019

Hello everyone,
I had to deinstall WFC and have installed it again but now I'm having problems with the glossary. When I add a new term to the glossary, I write its translation in the "target term" field but the translation is NOT SAVED and the source term appears instead in the "target term" field. So I get the source term both in the "source term" and the "target term" fields. I can only save the translation if I open the txt file and type it.. which is very annoying.
Anyone clues
... See more
Hello everyone,
I had to deinstall WFC and have installed it again but now I'm having problems with the glossary. When I add a new term to the glossary, I write its translation in the "target term" field but the translation is NOT SAVED and the source term appears instead in the "target term" field. So I get the source term both in the "source term" and the "target term" fields. I can only save the translation if I open the txt file and type it.. which is very annoying.
Anyone clues? Any solutions?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Itziar
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Better to post in dedicated Wordfast thread May 8, 2019

Hi!
You'll probably reach the best people to answer your question if you post it in the dedicated thread for Wordfast in the CAT Tools forum.
When re-posting, I suggest you mention the exact version number you are using, along with the version of Word and Windows you are working with.
How are you entering the terms? I use the method of highlighting the source word, then using Ctl + Alt + T, then doing the same again for the target word. Sometimes, I do forget and press the shor
... See more
Hi!
You'll probably reach the best people to answer your question if you post it in the dedicated thread for Wordfast in the CAT Tools forum.
When re-posting, I suggest you mention the exact version number you are using, along with the version of Word and Windows you are working with.
How are you entering the terms? I use the method of highlighting the source word, then using Ctl + Alt + T, then doing the same again for the target word. Sometimes, I do forget and press the shortcut twice, and so get the source term copied twice!
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Maria da Glória Teixeira

Itziar Crespo
Itziar Crespo  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 9, 2019

Thank you Tony!
I guess I've been redirected to another forum. It's the first time I ask for advice at Proz...
I normally highlight the source term and use Ctrl+Alt+T to open the glossary window and add the translation. No need to highlight the target term later.
I won't bother you again and will get advice from the right forum.
Thanks again!
Itziar

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Wordfast Classic Glossary: entries NOT added in TARGET language

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »