Empty TM when importing into WFPro 5. Message "0 TUs have been imported"
Thread poster: paolabelan
paolabelan
paolabelan  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:20
Spanish to English
Mar 18, 2019

I have this problem repeatedly. When importing to WFPRO5 my TM's from WFC or aligned in WF anywhere, most of those TM don0t import properly, they appear empty and the program throws a message "0 (zero) TU's have been imported". I have checked and corrected align results in Excel (because usually, it needs some work) before passing it to .txt. I have used Olifant to convert such Excel into .txt and then into tmx (txt being saved as Unicode-8). The thing is that sometimes it works perfectly, but t... See more
I have this problem repeatedly. When importing to WFPRO5 my TM's from WFC or aligned in WF anywhere, most of those TM don0t import properly, they appear empty and the program throws a message "0 (zero) TU's have been imported". I have checked and corrected align results in Excel (because usually, it needs some work) before passing it to .txt. I have used Olifant to convert such Excel into .txt and then into tmx (txt being saved as Unicode-8). The thing is that sometimes it works perfectly, but there is no action on my side for that to happen, just "luck". The common feature of TM's not importing correctly is that the TUs in the .txt file are not displayed correctly (they are lengthier and go even to the next line of the txt file, when every TU should begin with the date and time and no TU should go beyond one line of txt). I have checked language pairs, tags, etc. but cannot make it work. Help please! I cannnot use most of my TMs which work totally fine if uploaded to WFC.Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:20
English to French
+ ...
Send feedback Mar 18, 2019

In cases like this, I use the Feedback menu item.

Asking directly the developers is faster and more effective than asking questions on a forum

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:20
English to German
+ ...
Empty TM when importing into WFPro 5. Message "0 TUs have been imported" Mar 18, 2019

Hi
have you checked the language codes of the tmx you want to import and of the TM you want to import to?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Empty TM when importing into WFPro 5. Message "0 TUs have been imported"

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »