Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:11
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 2, 2018

Hello everyone

I've written a new, better version of my "WFC say no" script.

Normally, when WFC alerts the user about a glossary mismatch or a QA error, the "Yes" button is selected by default, but most such warnings are false positives, so it would have made more sense to make the "No" button the default button so that the translator can simply press ENTER or spacebar to cancel the warning.

With this script, whenever such a message pops up, pressing ENTER
... See more
Hello everyone

I've written a new, better version of my "WFC say no" script.

Normally, when WFC alerts the user about a glossary mismatch or a QA error, the "Yes" button is selected by default, but most such warnings are false positives, so it would have made more sense to make the "No" button the default button so that the translator can simply press ENTER or spacebar to cancel the warning.

With this script, whenever such a message pops up, pressing ENTER will send "No" and pressing the NumPadAdd (the plus key on the numberpad) will send "Yes". You need AutoIt to use the script.

http://www.leuce.com/autoit/wfc%20say%20no%20v2.zip

Samuel
Collapse

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
@Samuel Feb 2, 2018

Samuel, why not contact Yves/LLC and suggest such features, say, for Pandora Box or ini?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:11
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@DZiW Feb 4, 2018

DZiW wrote:
Why not contact Yves/LLC and suggest such features, say, for Pandora Box or ini?

Well, I already did, but even if he does add it, he'll only add it in the latest version, and we don't all use the latest version. He found it odd that there would be situations in which most QA warnings are false positives, whereas I found it odd to discover (from him) that most QA warnings are in fact NOT false positives. I suspect it depends on the language direction and the size of the glossary. But there is another reason he won't add it: it's not trivial to change the default button.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"WFC say no" AutoIt script

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »