Wordfast Pro 5 - shortcut list
Thread poster: Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:54
English to Spanish
Jan 29, 2018

Where I can find a list of the keyboard shortcuts for Wordfast pro 5 ?

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
In preferences Jan 29, 2018

Angel Llacuna wrote:

Where I can find a list of the keyboard shortcuts for Wordfast pro 5 ?

Under General Preferences > Shortcuts.

There are also lists in the manual though there appears to be a problem displaying symbols: http://wordfast.com/WFP/5.3/c1471880.html

Angel Llacuna
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I mean ... Jan 29, 2018

as part of an on online documentation

Ganerdene Gantumur
Ganerdene Gantumur
United States
Local time: 17:54
Member (2011)
English to Mongolian
+ ...
Confirm and move to next segment Jan 9, 2019

It looks like WordFast doesn't have a keyboard shortcut to Confirm and move to next segment. Am I right?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Gan Jan 11, 2019

Gan Gantumur wrote:
It looks like WordFast doesn't have a keyboard shortcut to Confirm and move to next segment. Am I right?

Doesn't Alt + Down work for you?

Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Next, or next untranslated? Jan 11, 2019

Gan Gantumur wrote:

To the next segment, yes, it's just Ctrl+Enter. However, it'd be nice to have a shortcut for confirming and moving to the next UNTRANSLATED segment.

Anyone at WordFast, hello?

Ilde Grimaldi

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Angel Jan 11, 2019

Angel Llacuna wrote:
Where I can find a list of the keyboard shortcuts for Wordfast pro 5?

The URL given by John looks very odd and unhelpful, but it's actually quite useful once you know how to interpret it.

In the Shortcut column, where it says "Select Binding", it simply means that that particular action doesn't have a shortcut assigned to it, but you optionally assign a shortcut to it if you want to. This makes sense once you realise that a shortcut in WFP5 speek is a "binding".

To change a shortcut in WFP5, go to Wordfast Pro > Preferences > Shortcuts, then click on the text "Choose Binding", and then press the shortcut that you want to change it to.

If a shortcut that you're trying to assign, is already used for something else, WFP5 will warn you about this with a message similar to this one:

chdoose binding message

(tongue in check, sorry)

By the way, in the WFP3 dialog for changing shortcuts (which WFP3 calls "keys" instead of shortcuts), you can search for shortcuts based on their function as well as their keys, but in the WFP5 dialog, you can only search by function. In other words, in WFP3 I can type "Ctrl+End" and it will tell me which action Ctrl+End is for, but in WFP5, searching for "Ctrl+End" produces no results, but if you search for what Ctrl+End does, then it does show up in the results.

[Edited at 2019-01-11 11:13 GMT]

Angel Llacuna
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
@Samuel Jan 11, 2019

so I can change the mapping

Next Segment (Commit to TM) >>> Alt+Down

to Intro , for example

[Edited at 2019-01-11 11:28 GMT]

Jairo Payan
Jairo Payan
Colombia
English to Spanish
+ ...
Shortcut to untranslate segments Jun 12, 2020

I need to change the status of all the segments to "untranslated". Is there is any way to do it without having to do it one by one? Thanks a lot in advance

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Jairo Jun 12, 2020

Jairo Payan wrote:
I need to change the status of all the segments to "untranslated".

It may help to know that in WFP5 what you're referring to is called "segment state", not "segment status". WFP5 uses the term "segment status" for something else. If I (as a beginner user of WFP5) understand correctly, WFP5 has only two segment status, namely "Translated" and "Needs translation".

When you have a file (or chained files) open in the editor, then on the "Translation" tab, click the little down arrow next to the "Mark All Translated" button, which gives the additional option "Mark All Needs Translation". Does this accomplish what you're hoping to have?

Jairo Payan

Jairo Payan
Jairo Payan
Colombia
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks a lot Samuel! Jun 12, 2020

Perfect

Ilde Grimaldi
Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
it'd be nice to have a shortcut for confirming and moving to the next UNTRANSLATED segment Gosh Oct 9, 2021

Gan Gantumur wrote:

To the next segment, yes, it's just Ctrl+Enter. However, it'd be nice to have a shortcut for confirming and moving to the next UNTRANSLATED segment.

Anyone at WordFast, hello? [/quote]

Even Across has an icon for quickly searching next segment to translate

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 - shortcut list

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »