Call for Speakers for Wordfast Forward 2018
Thread poster: Wei Wu
Wei Wu
Wei Wu
United States
Chinese to English
Jan 23, 2018

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that the call for speakers is now open for the 4th annual Wordfast Forward User Conference to take place on June 1-2, 2018 in Cascais, Portugal.

The theme of this year’s conference is: Interconnectivity

The conference program will feature two full-days of hands-on learning about Wordfast’s entire product suite, a pre-conference trainers symposium, software integration sessions, and one-to-one meetings with experts. The networking program will include a gala dinner and informal meet-up dinners, a surfing safari, a night out on the town, and more exciting events!

Being a speaker is your chance to be a part of the official program and share your savoir-faire with colleagues. We are looking for sessions specifically related to how you use or manage the use of two tools from Wordfast and why. We are also interested in sessions that show how you use other tools in connection with Wordfast to run your translation business or as part of your translation workflow. Finally, we’d love to have a fun, interactive session (translation-related or not) that would be of interest to attendees’ guests and participants alike (like Marian’s chocolate tasting session in 2016!).
If you have a proposal that is not related to the above, but you are convinced users will find your content constructive, by all means, please submit your proposal!

Your submission must include the following: your bio, a brief description, and at least two learning objectives.

Submit your session at the following link: 
http://www.wordfast.com/conference/2018/call_for_speakers

Speakers will be entitled to a 50% discount on the conference fee, priority room booking at the Hotel Estoril Eden, and a few more surprise VIP perks. The deadline for submissions is January 26th!

Speaker or not, we look forward to seeing you in Cascais. Stay tuned, registration will be opening soon!

Wei Wu
WFF18 Assistant Conference Organizer

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:08
English to Czech
Wordfast, OmegaT, SDLTM and PDF Jan 25, 2018

lulurun95 wrote:

The theme of this year’s conference is: Interconnectivity

I do not think I will fly to Porugal.

Here are three topics someone can elaborate:

1. EU language SW laboratory offers free tools (SW to download and to install). A short time TM server for maximum 10000 TUs has name Cyclosis.

www.silvestris-lab.org/node/16.html

Patches to OmegaT | Silvestris Laboratory

Patches to Omega-T 4.1 | Silvestris Laboratory

www.silvestris-lab.org/node/43.html

From TU in my local TMX:

EN-GB-CS_Silvestris\tm\auto\43-patches-to-OmegaT-4.1_en-cz.tmx

-- as an example we provide a support for the text memory format which is used by WordFast and Anaphaseus;
-- jako příklad poskytujeme podporu pro formát textové paměti, který používá WordFast a Anaphaseus;

2. Who want host database Cyclotis by Silvestris Lab, can use their paid servis:

www.silvestris-dom.com/node/5.html

The pages are in English, French and Esperanto.

3. My translating of translatable PDF in OmegaT:

a) I create a project in Wordfast Pro (3/4/5) and I put PDF into it

b) Wordfast Pro creates DOC and TXML / TXLIF

c) I open DOC in MS Word and save as DOCX

d) this option can be skipped: I add DOCX into DGT-Wizard, that wipe-out (reduce) not necessary tags

e) I translate (tag-wiped) DOCX in OmegaT or in DGT-OmegaT

Another method, instead of a) with WFP and b) I open PDF directly in MS Word 2016. It is faster, but DOCX is very big.

Milan Condak
Czech Wordfast Trainer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Call for Speakers for Wordfast Forward 2018

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »