Maria-Christina Rizopoulou
Maria-Christina Rizopoulou  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 04:43
English to Greek
+ ...
Nov 22, 2015

Hello,

I have received a URL from the client in order to connect with a remote TM and use this as a TM Glossary for my translation.

I am not experienced with connecting to remote TMs I must admit, but I have looked at some references on the web and still I have not managed to connect to it so far.
I am not sure if I have to do sth different on WFP 4?
(As a note, I have downloaded the latest WFP 4 version in the free public preview mode)

In deta
... See more
Hello,

I have received a URL from the client in order to connect with a remote TM and use this as a TM Glossary for my translation.

I am not experienced with connecting to remote TMs I must admit, but I have looked at some references on the web and still I have not managed to connect to it so far.
I am not sure if I have to do sth different on WFP 4?
(As a note, I have downloaded the latest WFP 4 version in the free public preview mode)

In detail:
when I enter the URL (connection string) to the URL field and click on Test, I receive continuously the message "Connection Unsuccessful"...
Thus the only mandatory field from the ones marked with asterisk, which is auto-filled below the URL field is the address. Am I supposed to fill in the others ones on my own, if so, how?

Any advice and feedback would be most useful!

Thank you!
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Possible solutions Nov 23, 2015

Dear MC_Tralux,

Whenever I start WFP4, I get a message that asks me if I want to accept incoming and outgoing connections. If you don't click on accept, it won't be able to connect to a remote TM.

However, I am guessing that your problem is because you are using the free preview but have not entered the activation key. You should have received this after filling out the f
... See more
Dear MC_Tralux,

Whenever I start WFP4, I get a message that asks me if I want to accept incoming and outgoing connections. If you don't click on accept, it won't be able to connect to a remote TM.

However, I am guessing that your problem is because you are using the free preview but have not entered the activation key. You should have received this after filling out the form at www.wordfast.com/wfp4

Finally, if you have done both of these right, there might be an error in your connection string. There is a bug that will soon be fixed on Mac that prevents you from pasting in a connection string. If you are on Mac and had to type it out, you might have made a mistake (e.g. O vs. 0 or l vs. I vs. 1)

Hope this helps!

John
Collapse

Sweden
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still not working Nov 23, 2015

Dear John

Thank you so much for your advice, but your suggestions still don't solve my issue;

I don't get a message that asks me if I want to accept incoming and outgoing connections,
I had already activated the license via the key I had been sent by Wordfast,
and I am not working on a Mac.

Any other ideas?
Is it maybe simply that the url address I was provided with is wrong, and this is not a WF4 Remote TM connection issue?

... See more
Dear John

Thank you so much for your advice, but your suggestions still don't solve my issue;

I don't get a message that asks me if I want to accept incoming and outgoing connections,
I had already activated the license via the key I had been sent by Wordfast,
and I am not working on a Mac.

Any other ideas?
Is it maybe simply that the url address I was provided with is wrong, and this is not a WF4 Remote TM connection issue?

thanks a lot

Christina
Collapse

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Send for testing Nov 23, 2015

MC_Tralux wrote:

Any other ideas?

thanks a lot

Christina

You could send me the URL as a PM and I can test on my end. Also, check your firewall settings. They may be blocking Wordfast Pro 4. Is Worldlingo MT working?

John

John Di Rico
France
Member (2006)
French to English
WF Server tab Nov 24, 2015

One other potential problem:

Make sure to ask your client which server they are using. There are two tabs when adding a remote TM:
1. TM Server
2. WF Server

I tested MC_Tralux's URL connection string with the WF Server tab and it worked fine.

Best,

John

Sweden
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works now! Nov 24, 2015

Thank you John,

I was actually copy-pasting the URL into the TM Server instead of the WF Server tab.

It works just fine now!

Kind regards

Christina

Tünde Furka
Tünde Furka  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
thx Apr 23, 2019

I's been 4 years but still helped me with this thread. Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP 4: Connection unsuccessful when inserting remote TM URL

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »