Willy Nørgaard Olesen
Willy Nørgaard Olesen
Denmark
Local time: 07:08
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now we are getting somewhere Aug 6, 2018

Ther so-called US office is just virtual office space.

https://www.davincivirtual.com/loc/us/new-york/new-york-city-virtual-offices/facility-702

www.talkbridge.com

Angela Malik
Angela Malik  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:08
German to English
+ ...
Not sure one party is to blame in this case Aug 6, 2018

DanLinguistic wrote:

Another trick is to require a purchase order in order to process the invoice, just a shame that some companies "forget" to send the PO after they have received the translation. I have 13 unpaid invoices from 2017 on that account.

How in the world do you have 13 unpaid invoices? I'm sorry, but this just sounds like bad business to me. I mean, yeah, non-payers should pay up, but seriously. After a certain number of unpaid invoices I kind of feel like some of the blame needs to fall back on you for continuing to go back to the same dead-end watering hole...or if these are unpaid invoices from a bunch of different clients than you have a serious problem and need to address your risk management strategies ASAP.

Michele Fauble
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Stéphanie Boufferet
Kübra Gizem Özen Demirtaş
Evgeny Sidorenko

Willy Nørgaard Olesen
Willy Nørgaard Olesen
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Talkbridge Aug 7, 2018

Well, Talkbridge just seems to be the Emperor's new clothes, Their Corporate US office is just a virtual office rented for 70+ USD per month with a friendly reception staff. The rest of the addresses on their website is a bunch of hotels probably also with a friendly receptionist and forwarding service - cheating their clients and translators world... See more
Well, Talkbridge just seems to be the Emperor's new clothes, Their Corporate US office is just a virtual office rented for 70+ USD per month with a friendly reception staff. The rest of the addresses on their website is a bunch of hotels probably also with a friendly receptionist and forwarding service - cheating their clients and translators worldwide!

https://www.proz.com/blueboard/34720
Collapse

José Tomás Johansson
José Tomás Johansson
Spain
Member (2018)
Swedish to Spanish
+ ...
Seems to work well now Sep 24, 2018

I´ve been paid and got a sincere apology for the delay. So I invited them to work together again.
I think that they deserve a chance.
They´ve always treated me with great respect and besides this delay they always paid me in time.

Martin Tauer

Joel Pina Diaz
Joel Pina Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
No trick or treat here Oct 9, 2018

The only way to stop this nonsense is finally get together as a group, as a strong community in the industry (as we are now... Or I am the only one who can see the full view?) We have to realize that the only way to establish standards that benefit us is our way. We will be able to stop NET 60, request a small or minimum or a percentage in advance no matter the size of the project, we will be able to PO with a specific "legality", we can enter in a straight and legal compromise when a customer r... See more
The only way to stop this nonsense is finally get together as a group, as a strong community in the industry (as we are now... Or I am the only one who can see the full view?) We have to realize that the only way to establish standards that benefit us is our way. We will be able to stop NET 60, request a small or minimum or a percentage in advance no matter the size of the project, we will be able to PO with a specific "legality", we can enter in a straight and legal compromise when a customer request our work, we can do as much as we want, stop the narrow vision without seeing the future... Pass over the wording and take ACTION!! Accept apologies after 60 days? Those things happen? There are colleagues dealing along with abusive an even criminal agencies in China, Rumania, and several other places!! Are we a credit entity? Are we stupids? Read the comments just get me the sense why we can not create a tool to defend our work, to stand up... That's really sad... It really pisses me off!! But as Joseph de Maistre said, "Every country has the government it deserves"... We can be a country and we deserve much better!! Not a bunch of passive citizens of the ignominy...Collapse

Stéphanie Boufferet
Thomas Senepart
Jocelin Meunier
metafrasi.pl
NSTRAD SRL Stuyckens

alix1
alix1
Local time: 02:08
Member (2010)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Talkbridge unpaid invoices from over six months ago Feb 18, 2020

Yes, I have multiple unpaid invoices from July, September, October and November of last year with this company, Talkbridge. They are not reliable for timely payment.
Alix

transwork_group

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Predictable Feb 18, 2020

alix1 wrote:
Yes, I have multiple unpaid invoices from July, September, October and November of last year with this company, Talkbridge. They are not reliable for timely payment.

This was a foregone conclusion. Look at the Blue Board - they have been banned from posting jobs for at least a couple of years. There is also negative feedback on the Payment Practices website. Nobody should be enabling "clients" such as these by dealing with them; they are predators.

Dan

Angela Malik

Türkiye
Local time: 09:08
Member (1970)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Same in TURKEY Jan 14, 2021

We have multiple unpaid invoices (26) since Mar 17, 2020. But there is no answer about payments. We guess they run away.

[Değişiklik saati 2021-01-14 11:36 GMT]

Adieu

Eleonore Wapler
Eleonore Wapler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Update Aug 2, 2023

alix1 wrote:

Alix

Did you get paid eventually?
I have a similar issue just now...

Eleonore Wapler
Eleonore Wapler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Really Aug 3, 2023

José Tomás Johansson wrote:

I´ve been paid and got a sincere apology for the delay. So I invited them to work together again.
I think that they deserve a chance.
They´ve always treated me with great respect and besides this delay they always paid me in time.

Did you? What did it take?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment Terms

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »