Sharing an office in Kent
Thread poster: Victoria Holmes
Victoria Holmes
Victoria Holmes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:01
German to English
Oct 24, 2019

I've been a freelance translator for 13 years and would love to find some shared office space instead of working from home all the time. It would have to be close to my home as I am a lone parent with a young daughter. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone already work in a (quiet) shared office near Headcorn/Tenterden/Cranbrook which might have space? Alternatively, is anyone interested in trying to find a space to share? I know there is a co-working hub in Cranbrook but don't think it wo... See more
I've been a freelance translator for 13 years and would love to find some shared office space instead of working from home all the time. It would have to be close to my home as I am a lone parent with a young daughter. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone already work in a (quiet) shared office near Headcorn/Tenterden/Cranbrook which might have space? Alternatively, is anyone interested in trying to find a space to share? I know there is a co-working hub in Cranbrook but don't think it would really suit me as I'd be looking to set up a permanent desk somewhere instead of hot-desking.Collapse

Chris Spurgin
Chris Spurgin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:01
Member (2016)
Russian to English
+ ...
Will ask around Oct 25, 2019

Hi Victoria,

I used to live in the Garden of England and may return one day (Ashford and Broadstairs). I will ask around to see if anyone is aware of any suitable opportunities.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Sharing an office in Kent

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »