Thread poster: Manjeet
Manjeet
Manjeet
Local time: 11:24
English to Hindi
+ ...
Dec 31, 2019

Hi
Recently, I approached an immigration company for one of my relative who works in Finance sector for a MNC bank. The immigration company would be helping us first with PR and then with job offer.

What needs to be done first getting a PR or a job offer letter from an employer?

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:54
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Are you sure this is the right place for this? Dec 31, 2019

manjeet_kour wrote:
What needs to be done first getting a PR or a job offer letter from an employer?

Is this really an appropriate topic for a forum aimed at professional translators? There are unlikely to be specific requirements for translation with regard to a visa for Canada.

Googling "canada immigration forum" will give you thousands of links to apparently more relevant websites, and in all likelihood the responses will be far better informed. I used a similar website aimed at people applying for UK visas, and found it helpful.

Regards,
Dan

Tina Vonhof (X)
Jorge Payan
Johanna Timm, PhD

Manjeet
Manjeet
Local time: 11:24
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 31, 2019

I had no idea about such forums. Thanks for the information.

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 23:54
Dutch to English
+ ...
Immigration process Dec 31, 2019

The immigration agency should be guiding you through the entire process including answering any advance questions you may have. If they are not doing that, look for another agency. But some of your questions may be answered by checking the Immigration and Citizenship website: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html. Once you have found some basic info... See more
The immigration agency should be guiding you through the entire process including answering any advance questions you may have. If they are not doing that, look for another agency. But some of your questions may be answered by checking the Immigration and Citizenship website: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html. Once you have found some basic information, your relative should communicate with the agency directly to take the actual steps.

Note that if official documents need to be translated, the Canadian government often requires that the documents are translated by a Canadian certified translator. The agency should help you find one. Your relative should not spend any money having them translated at home.
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Johanna Timm, PhD

Joannie Pharand
Joannie Pharand
United States
Local time: 00:54
English to French
Contact immigration company Jan 2, 2020

Indeed, you should contact an immigration company. I am a Canadian living in the US. I was told it is not so easy to enter Canada, you would need a job offer/sponsorship to obtain your residency. Good luck!

By "enter Canada", I mean for relocation and not travel, of course.

Ninon Dion
John Fossey

Cristiano Lima
Cristiano Lima
Brazil
Local time: 02:54
Russian to Portuguese
+ ...
International Relations Jan 5, 2020

I'm now studying International Relations in university, is it demanded in Canada? It's my second higher education.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Immigration to Canada

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »