Thread poster: Nicoleta Rabuga
Nicoleta Rabuga
Nicoleta Rabuga  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:58
Romanian to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 5, 2016

Hello,

Should the translation of one invoice be considered financial or commercial translation from terminology point of view?
Thank you

Agnes Lenkey
Agnes Lenkey  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Financial translation Jul 5, 2016

Hi Nicoleta,

Personally, I would consider the translation of the text contained in an invoice as a financial translation.

best regards,

Agnes

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:58
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
I would say it's both Jul 5, 2016

See this definition of "commercial translation":
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9781405198431.wbeal0156/abstract
which states that "Commercial translation is the translation of a source text (a written original) into a written target text, generally by a freelance professional translator, for a commercial purpose"

In other wo
... See more
See this definition of "commercial translation":
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9781405198431.wbeal0156/abstract
which states that "Commercial translation is the translation of a source text (a written original) into a written target text, generally by a freelance professional translator, for a commercial purpose"

In other words and in my opinion, an invoice would represent a commercial translation of a financial nature, specifically of a business document.
Collapse

Marge Hogarty

Nicoleta Rabuga
Nicoleta Rabuga  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:58
Romanian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 5, 2016

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback!
Nicoleta

telefpro
telefpro
Local time: 20:28
Portuguese to English
+ ...
commercial translation Jul 5, 2016

I would term it as commercial translation
An invoice is a commercial document that itemizes a transaction between a buyer and a seller. If goods or services were purchased on credit, the invoice usually specifies the terms of the deal, and provide information on the available methods of payment. An invoice is also known as a bill or sales invoice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

type of translation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »