Pilar Dueñas
Pilar Dueñas  Identity Verified
Costa Rica
Local time: 07:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 7, 2017

Hello,

I'm subtitling a video with an existing template in English.

I'm using Aegisub, and the client asks me to match up the subtitles to the very first frame in the video, which has burnt-in timecodes.

The first timecode is 00:59:58:00, and then it goes to 01:00:00:00, and from there onwards, so the "clock" for the burnt-in timecodes is set on 01:00:00:00 a couple of seconds after my timecodes.

I hope this is clear. Is there a way to start
... See more
Hello,

I'm subtitling a video with an existing template in English.

I'm using Aegisub, and the client asks me to match up the subtitles to the very first frame in the video, which has burnt-in timecodes.

The first timecode is 00:59:58:00, and then it goes to 01:00:00:00, and from there onwards, so the "clock" for the burnt-in timecodes is set on 01:00:00:00 a couple of seconds after my timecodes.

I hope this is clear. Is there a way to start the clock for my subtitles a couple of seconds after the beginning of the video?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Match up subtitles to video timecodes

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »