DPI 15 in Studio 2019 vs. MemoQ 8.6
Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:36
Dutch to English
Apr 9, 2019

Hi recently started using DPI (latest update) again and I notice that it works reasonably fine with Studio 2019 (with dictation box), but crashes all the time with MemoQ 8.6. Anybody else experienced this or have better experiences with an older version of MemoQ? Or maybe I should force the dictation box with MemoQ too?

Thanks!

Olly

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:36
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
btw Apr 9, 2019

Instead of Dragon's crappy little one, I would suggest this much improved dictation box: http://www.speechproductivity.eu/ !

Also, DPI 15 works great here in my memoQ 8.7.10. I even get Select-and-Say functionality, which is impossible in Studio.

Michael

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Speech productivity Apr 9, 2019

Thanks, but don't like speech productivity's dbox as it can't launch automatically like dragon's does (you have to force it). Will try the newest version of MemoQ.

Olly

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:36
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Why do you need a dictation box at all though? Apr 9, 2019

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Thanks, but don't like speech productivity's dbox as it can't launch automatically like dragon's does (you have to force it). Will try the newest version of MemoQ.

Olly

Why do you need a dictation box at all though, since Dragon Professional Individual can easily dictate right into the target box in both memoQ* and Studio**?

Michael

*: with ‘Full Text Control’ (Select-and-Say)
**: without ‘Full Text Control’ (Select-and-Say)

Oliver Pekelharing
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Select and say Apr 9, 2019

I use the dbox with Studio precisely because of the text control, and I'm having trouble with MemoQ (I see I already had 8.7) crashing without the dbox, which is why I'm going to try using it...

James McVay
James McVay  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:36
Russian to English
+ ...
A workaround Jan 3, 2020

I'm still using memoQ 8.3. I've noticed that when translating a long document with Dragon Professional Individual 15.3 that Dragon eventually will stop working and needs to be restarted. Through some experimentation and trial and error, I found that if I avoid typing anything manually Dragon just keeps on churning along. As a result, I've trained myself to keep my hands off the keyboard. When I need to insert the occasional word that isn't in Dragon’s vocabulary, I either spell it verbally or ... See more
I'm still using memoQ 8.3. I've noticed that when translating a long document with Dragon Professional Individual 15.3 that Dragon eventually will stop working and needs to be restarted. Through some experimentation and trial and error, I found that if I avoid typing anything manually Dragon just keeps on churning along. As a result, I've trained myself to keep my hands off the keyboard. When I need to insert the occasional word that isn't in Dragon’s vocabulary, I either spell it verbally or use the Dictation Box.

I realize this is a rather late post in this thread, but I hope someone finds it useful.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DPI 15 in Studio 2019 vs. MemoQ 8.6

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »