nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:01
English to French
+ ...
30 minutes but paid like 2 hours? Mar 28, 2018

Harold Lemel wrote:
The estimated time dedicated to this project will be less than 30 minutes, but we will create a PO of 2 hours of work due to the urgency.

This generous proposal sounds very suspicious to me, as LB is notorious for always trying to lower the rates and not the other way around.
Have you try to give a call to LB offices to get some more information on this project?

Harold Lemel
Harold Lemel  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:01
Member (2010)
Turkish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi and thanks! I would call if I knew who to call... Mar 28, 2018

Not sure who to call in such a large organization.

Daryo
Daryo
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:01
Serbian to English
+ ...
Not sure who to call ? Mar 28, 2018

Try replying to the email you received asking for the phone number of whoever send you the email, or asking his/her full name and job title and then call the switchboard on the company's official published phone number and ask for that person?

As far as I'm aware, there is still a thing called a landline, and talking to live people as way of doing business ...

Harold Lemel
United States
Member (2010)
Turkish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Checked with a main number and this does indeed appear to be legitimate Mar 28, 2018

Hi

I managed to get hold of someone at the company who confirmed the identity of the person who contacted me and also the validity of the work described.

So it's all legit, and no worries.

Thanks for those who replied.

Harold

Harold Lemel
United States
Member (2010)
Turkish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Does this seem legitimate to you or a scam?? RE: machine intelligence voice data capture project Mar 28, 2018

Hi Daryo

If you give it a little more thought, you might realize why I did not go back directly to the person who invited me to do the job to get additional information...I also didn't want to make too much noise with the firm in case it was legitimate, which it turned out to be.. By the way, before posting here, I had asked another person from the organization about my doubts, but got no reply..hence the post.

Yes, I realize that phones and calling still exist...in fac
... See more
Hi Daryo

If you give it a little more thought, you might realize why I did not go back directly to the person who invited me to do the job to get additional information...I also didn't want to make too much noise with the firm in case it was legitimate, which it turned out to be.. By the way, before posting here, I had asked another person from the organization about my doubts, but got no reply..hence the post.

Yes, I realize that phones and calling still exist...in fact I use them all the time)

Harold
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does this seem legitimate? RE: machine intelligence voice data capture project

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »