s spelling and z spelling
Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:18
Dutch to English
Jun 2, 2017

Does anyone know a trick to force dragon to use s or z spelling in UK English? The only thing I can think of is to create two separate profiles and delete all the unwanted s/z variants.

Thanks,

Olly

Edit:
Having said that, I just tried to find and delete the word 'organization' for my s-spelling profile, but it doesn't exist, and yet dragon always inserts the z-form when I speak the word! Does anyone know what gives?

[Edited at 2
... See more
Does anyone know a trick to force dragon to use s or z spelling in UK English? The only thing I can think of is to create two separate profiles and delete all the unwanted s/z variants.

Thanks,

Olly

Edit:
Having said that, I just tried to find and delete the word 'organization' for my s-spelling profile, but it doesn't exist, and yet dragon always inserts the z-form when I speak the word! Does anyone know what gives?

[Edited at 2017-06-02 08:53 GMT]

Edit 2:
By the way, I am aware of the dialogue box you can use to tell dragon to always use z/s spelling, but it is a pain to have to change it all the time and it doesn't work in Studio.

[Edited at 2017-06-02 08:55 GMT]

Edit 3:
I have just found where to change the printed form of a word, but my question is still is there another way to force s/z spelling permanently in a profile?

[Edited at 2017-06-02 09:20 GMT]
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Shouldn't be a problem Jun 2, 2017

My Dragon always spells organisation like this, and that goes all the words ending in-ation. When I trained it at first, I chose the UK English option, or whatever it's called. I'm dictating this right now on Dragon: organisation, realisation, lyophilisation... etc.

(NB: I had to write "etc" by hand, because Dragon always writes 'et cetera' when I say it...

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:18
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
To fix et cetera Jun 2, 2017

neilmac wrote:

(NB: I had to write "etc" by hand, because Dragon always writes 'et cetera' when I say it...

You can fix this by going to the Vocabulary Editor, searching for et cetera, then going to Properties and changing et cetera to etc. : )

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
need both Jun 4, 2017

My problem is that some clients require me to use the z and others the s. But the solution of creating one profile for each is working for me so far.

Thanks,

Olly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

s spelling and z spelling

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »