correction menu in MemoQ vs. dbox (DPI 15)
Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:46
Dutch to English
Mar 14, 2017

I have noticed that Dragon's correction menu in MemoQ offers more useful suggestions than when using Dragon's own dictation box. For example if I want to change "or full" because I meant to say "awful", when I select it straight from MemoQ, Dragon suggests "awful", "Or Full" and "OR FULL", whereas when I force the dbox (in MemoQ) the correction menu offers "Or full", "Or Full" and "OR FULL". Any ideas why this would be and if anything can be done about it? This is obviously not an issue in MemoQ... See more
I have noticed that Dragon's correction menu in MemoQ offers more useful suggestions than when using Dragon's own dictation box. For example if I want to change "or full" because I meant to say "awful", when I select it straight from MemoQ, Dragon suggests "awful", "Or Full" and "OR FULL", whereas when I force the dbox (in MemoQ) the correction menu offers "Or full", "Or Full" and "OR FULL". Any ideas why this would be and if anything can be done about it? This is obviously not an issue in MemoQ, but it is in Studio.Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:46
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
contextual matches Mar 15, 2017

In case anyone is interested, I asked over at knowbrainer, and the problem with matching in the dbox appears to be the lack of context (because I'm selecting one or two words to correct in the dbox, Dragon is missing the context to offer better suggestions). I guess I can try to improve matching by selecting longer segments of text to correct.

Olly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

correction menu in MemoQ vs. dbox (DPI 15)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »