Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:00
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
In a nutshell: Jan 25, 2017

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Am now using a bluetooth headset, but don't notice any difference in recognition accuracy. If anything, it's worse! But I'll give it more time. In any case, it's a light little gadget which I stopped noticing straight away, so no problems there. However, I just started working in a MemoQ project and to my surprise it supports a lot more commands than Studio (without the need for the dictation box). Is this deliberate? Or are there some settings I need to change for working in Studio?

SDL Studio: Dragon's "Full Text Control" aka "Select-and-Say" doesn't work. So, although you can dictate, you can't select words by saying "Select x", to edit/correct them. There is also a bug which throws an error at the beginning of segments, which is annoying.

memoQ: Dragon's "Full Text Control" aka "Select-and-Say" does work, and you can dictate well. However, I gave up on memoQ a long time ago as there is some kind of problem where if you have auto-complete switched on in memoQ together with Dragon in green/listening mode, memoQ will often become very unresponsive, to the point of it not working.

CafeTran: Dragon's "Full Text Control" aka "Select-and-Say" doesn't work. no real bugs that I know of.

MS Word (+ e.g. Wordfast Classic): Dragon's "Full Text Control" aka "Select-and-Say" does work. However, there is a bug where if you use any version of Word newer than 2010 (!!!), your document will jump all over the place at random moments and annoy you, especially if the doc contains tables!

Déjà Vu X3: Dragon's "Full Text Control" aka "Select-and-Say" works flawlessly, with no bugs whatsoever.

In conclusion: DVX3 is my current CAT tool of choice.

[Edited at 2017-01-25 15:41 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microphones

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »