Thread poster: Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
Local time: 19:29
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Version 3 Oct 18, 2017

After many months of development I'd like to present new version. Personally for me it became an implementation of "dream TMS". Fixed everything that seemed to be "wrong" in previous version. New features, very shortly:
- Huge performance improvement
- New navigation system
- Stability - no more crashes
- Custom fields - create own fields, place them anywhere on forms, use in invoices, reports, etc.
- Full customization - rearrange fields on forms, rename fields and
... See more
After many months of development I'd like to present new version. Personally for me it became an implementation of "dream TMS". Fixed everything that seemed to be "wrong" in previous version. New features, very shortly:
- Huge performance improvement
- New navigation system
- Stability - no more crashes
- Custom fields - create own fields, place them anywhere on forms, use in invoices, reports, etc.
- Full customization - rearrange fields on forms, rename fields and columns, create calculated fields, highlight necessary fields on forms, create own reports, dashboards, analysis tables, charts, etc.
- Improved design, new themes
- Security system - create users, assign roles, restrict access to any form or individual field
- Reference data - if something must be selected from another table (like Unit in Job), this entity can be crated on fly - in any place of the program
- File attachments - possibility to store files right inside program database (access to files from any computer connected to BaccS)
- New version for teams - simultaneous work from any place in the world
Full description is here

Example of the dashboard which any user can create in a few minutes (displayed data may be very different, depending on requirements):

-----------------
Maybe inappropriate, but, Tom in London, if you read this, may I ask for something? You're active on ProZ forums, and I find your comments pretty correct. At the same time, you was one of the first users who commented in this thread (memorable comment). Fully sure that you don't need such kind of software, but I'd like to rehabilitate for poor start many months ago and ask you to write few comments here about new version, if you have a spare minute one day. Your opinion is important for me.

[Редактировалось 2017-10-18 11:39 GMT]
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:29
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great news! Oct 18, 2017

This is excellent news, Eugene! Thank you once again for all your hard work.

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Blue Board Oct 31, 2017

In the recent update added a feature which I think is worth mentioning here.

I've implemented own variant of the Blue Board viewer. Differences comparing to default ProZ.com Blue Board page:
- You can view the whole list at once, search (with results highlighting), group (by country, for example), sort (by multiple columns), build complex filters
- Possibility to add comments to customers
- Possibility to mark customers of interest
- A button which allows to
... See more
In the recent update added a feature which I think is worth mentioning here.

I've implemented own variant of the Blue Board viewer. Differences comparing to default ProZ.com Blue Board page:
- You can view the whole list at once, search (with results highlighting), group (by country, for example), sort (by multiple columns), build complex filters
- Possibility to add comments to customers
- Possibility to mark customers of interest
- A button which allows to update your Blue Board database. The program will download new database and compare it with local copy. If this is a new customer, or existing customer with a new feedback, this will be reflected in the Date added and Date updated columns. Thus, you can filter by that columns to see changes since latest data fetching

Believe that this new feature will help BaccS users to find new customers easier.
Of course, there were a lot of interesting changes since ver3 release (auto backup, refreshed mail sender, polished forms for small screens, updates in the manual, localization, etc.).

Note 1. Performance. Currently BaccS can get information only about 50 customer via 1 request. To fetch data, about 400 requests are needed. This may take 5-10 minutes. So, please use this function when you can leave the program for some time. With time, we'll improve performance, but now this is impossible.
Note 2. This feature won't work in demo version.
Collapse

Hassan EL BAHI
Hassan EL BAHI  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 16:29
English to Arabic
+ ...
How can I download it? Nov 30, 2017

I have been trying to download the program for a while, but it doesn't start the download. Is there any other website apart from the official one, where I can download it?

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Must work Nov 30, 2017

Hassan EL BAHI wrote:

I have been trying to download the program for a while, but it doesn't start the download. Is there any other website apart from the official one, where I can download it?

I've rechecked it. Download works properly. Please try another browser or use this direct link:
Direct download link

Hassan EL BAHI
Hassan EL BAHI  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 16:29
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thanks! Nov 30, 2017

Eugene Kuchynski wrote:

Hassan EL BAHI wrote:

I've rechecked it. Download works properly. Please try another browser or use this direct link:
Direct download link

Thanks a lot. Now it worked perfectly.

Eirini Tomprou
Eirini Tomprou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 18:29
English to Greek
+ ...
Can this accounting software work 100% offline? Nov 30, 2017

Dear Eugene,

If that is the case, I will try to download it again next month and see if that suits my needs. I think I love the GUI already but usability is somehow more important. Unfortunately, the previous time I had tried to install it, it crashed after a while and I didn't have more time to spend on that.

So many people here trust the cloud that I cannot but wish them good luck! ...
See more
Dear Eugene,

If that is the case, I will try to download it again next month and see if that suits my needs. I think I love the GUI already but usability is somehow more important. Unfortunately, the previous time I had tried to install it, it crashed after a while and I didn't have more time to spend on that.

So many people here trust the cloud that I cannot but wish them good luck!

Best,
Eirini
Collapse

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Yes! Nov 30, 2017

Eirini Tomprou wrote:

Dear Eugene,

So many people here trust the cloud that I cannot but wish them good luck!

Best,
Eirini

Hello, Eirini,

Thank you for the question. Sorry to hear about bad experience with the program. Yes, crashes happened, and different errors still can be found. But BaccS is growing, more users contribute and it is becoming very stable.

Answering your question: yes, the program can work 100% offline. In this case, you won't be able:
- Automatically check for program updates and install them;
- Download currency rates from 5 available sources;
- Use ProZ.com integration features;
- Send e-mails from within BaccS;
- Use a function to quickly contact with me from within BaccS (to ask questions, offer new functions, etc.)

The general idea here is that you can fully block BaccS from accessing Internet (using firewall), and it will work. If connection is not blocked, you can continue use auto-updater feature, but do not use other functions which require network.
BaccS never transfers any private information over network. The only place where data are stored is your hard drive.

Anas hussain
Anas hussain  Identity Verified
Sri Lanka
Local time: 21:59
English to Tamil
+ ...
Variants are not working Dec 5, 2017

Dear Eugene

I am checking every features of BaccS. Today I wanted to create an availability checking message template with variables. But unfortunately only one variable is working. The results is given below. Only the recipient (contractor) name is working. I think other variants are not linked to the database. Please advice me how fix this issue.

Project Title / Client: {JobName}
Subject Area: {JobSpecialization}
Volume: {JobWeightedVolume}
File(s)
... See more
Dear Eugene

I am checking every features of BaccS. Today I wanted to create an availability checking message template with variables. But unfortunately only one variable is working. The results is given below. Only the recipient (contractor) name is working. I think other variants are not linked to the database. Please advice me how fix this issue.

File(s) ready by: {AssignmentDate}
Deadline: {AssignmentDeadline}
Collapse

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Delay, sorry Dec 6, 2017

Anas Hussain wrote:

Dear Eugene

File(s) ready by: {AssignmentDate}
Deadline: {AssignmentDeadline}

Hello, Anas,

You wrote me similar message on Sunday. Sorry, I forgot to answer, sometimes this happens. Already fixed this issue but didn't upload new update - it will be available today.
The problem appears because when you click Send availability request in the Translation assignment editing form, this assignment is not selected in the Linked documents section of the created mail message. For now, until update is released, go to Linked documents tab and select base translation assignment (simply type its number in that field). Variables will work correctly.

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Just news Jul 7, 2018

Forgot about the thread, but after nice announce from Vadim in nearby thread, decided to post some news as well.

We now have free plug-in for Trados, which allows to create quotes and invoices right inside Studio based on existing projects. No even need to install main BaccS application. Plug-in is available in the app store:
BaccS plug-in in the app store

Impossib
... See more
Forgot about the thread, but after nice announce from Vadim in nearby thread, decided to post some news as well.

We now have free plug-in for Trados, which allows to create quotes and invoices right inside Studio based on existing projects. No even need to install main BaccS application. Plug-in is available in the app store:
BaccS plug-in in the app store

Impossible to list changes in the main app, but among the most significant: deep integration with Studio (desktop), GroupShare and Memsource; support of Outlook calendar (sync jobs and invoices), improved invoice templates, new dashboards, and maybe thousand of new tiny functions which speed up management and invoicing tasks.

Sounds like advertisement, but just wanted to update a thread, which was viewed more than 35k times, and tell you about free plug-in, which also will be supported and updated regularly. Hope someone will find it useful

[Редактировалось 2018-07-07 19:26 GMT]
Collapse

Manuella Lange

casey
casey  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:29
Japanese to English
Absolutely love it! Jul 20, 2018

I've been using BaccS for a while now, and I absolutely love it.

The other day I was checking my payments from my clients and noticed that one of the payments was less than expected. I brought up the invoice details showing each individual job and then subtracted the amount paid from the amount of the invoice and immediately found the exact job that they had forgotten to include in this month's payment, and of course, it was linked to the job number and PM. I would have been able to
... See more
I've been using BaccS for a while now, and I absolutely love it.

The other day I was checking my payments from my clients and noticed that one of the payments was less than expected. I brought up the invoice details showing each individual job and then subtracted the amount paid from the amount of the invoice and immediately found the exact job that they had forgotten to include in this month's payment, and of course, it was linked to the job number and PM. I would have been able to figure it out before when I was using Excel, but this was so much faster and so much easier.

On top of that, every time I do batch invoicing I get a smile on my face because of how easy it is to invoice my clients now. It used to take me at least an hour to prepare invoices. Now it's done instantly with a single click.
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:29
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Setting up new view filter rule May 9, 2019

I have just started trying out BaccS and I must say I am impressed. It has many useful features to help streamline a translator's business.

I have one question - is it possible, in the Translation Jobs window, to create a new view filter rule? For example, there is a filter to view Finished jobs, but I would like to view only Unfinished jobs, in other words, after the job is sent and invoiced, but not yet paid. As it stands, it seems that jobs will remain visible until they are paid
... See more
I have just started trying out BaccS and I must say I am impressed. It has many useful features to help streamline a translator's business.

I have one question - is it possible, in the Translation Jobs window, to create a new view filter rule? For example, there is a filter to view Finished jobs, but I would like to view only Unfinished jobs, in other words, after the job is sent and invoiced, but not yet paid. As it stands, it seems that jobs will remain visible until they are paid, which could result in a long list that doesn't require my everyday attention. There are 9 existing view filters and it looks like their rules can be edited, but I could not find how to add a new rule.

[Edited at 2019-05-09 14:08 GMT]
Collapse

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Answer to John May 9, 2019

John Fossey wrote:

I have one question - is it possible, in the Translation Jobs window, to create a new view filter rule? For example, there is a filter to view Finished jobs, but I would like to view only Unfinished jobs, in other words, after the job is sent and invoiced, but not yet paid. As it stands, it seems that jobs will remain visible until they are paid, which could result in a long list that doesn't require my everyday attention. There are 9 existing view filters and it looks like their rules can be edited, but I could not find how to add a new rule.

[Edited at 2019-05-09 14:08 GMT]

Hello, John,

Thanks for the question! Long time since last post here
It's possible to achieve. Simply set current filter using filtering by columns, and then save active filter by pressing Filters > Save current filter.
After that, this filter will be added to the list, and currently selected filter will be automatically applied next time you open list of jobs. Advantage of this approach is that data is filtered on database level, which improves application performance, since filtered records aren't retrieved from the database.
See this documentation article for details:
Working with lists - filtering

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:29
Dutch to English
Re: Setting up new view filter rule May 9, 2019

Hi John,

Not sure if this is what you need, but if you click on the small funnel icon in the top right of the 'Work st.' column header you can select which statuses to display. If you have changed the status to invoiced then you can filter for that.

Cheers,

Olly

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BaccS - Windows-based management and invoicing software for translators

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »