Trados 5.5 FL
Thread poster: Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth
Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth
Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:24
English to German
+ ...
Jan 22, 2003

I have installed Trados 5.5 FL, upgraded the dongle; but I cannot use it because I do not have the Trados toolbar in MS Word XP Professional.

Where do I go from here?

I am using Windows XP Pro and MS OFfice XP Pro.

Thanks for any suggestions.

The Word Template TW4Win installed on C:\\Documents\\Admin\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Word\\StartUp
[addsig]

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 11:24
German to English
+ ...
Work out where your templates are stored and save the trados template there..... Jan 22, 2003

In word, go to File, New, and create a new word document (any old document) AS A TEMPLATE. This will then open a new document template. Then go to \"Save as\" and it will show you where your templates are saved.....

This is the directory you have to save your Trados template in.

HTH

Alison

Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth
Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:24
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TRADOS Template Jan 22, 2003

Thanks, Alison, this sounds logical.

I will do this; however, first I think I need to do some house cleaning...I may have created a user account by mistake and this is interfering with my TRADOS efforts...

Antoinette
[addsig]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:24
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Set Word autostart directory to that one Jan 22, 2003

where your TRADOS5.DOT (and not TW4win.dot anymore!) is located.

After restarting Word you will get Trados toolbar in place.

To set it go to TOOLS-OPTIONS or similar in Word (I\'m using a german one, so I can\'t tell the proper english names).

Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 5.5 FL

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »