Thread poster: AZRA AKARTUNA
AZRA AKARTUNA
AZRA AKARTUNA  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 03:16
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jan 19, 2003

I am using Trados 5.5 Freelance and cannot open and add termbase to Multiterm. Can you pls. help me about that? Thank you in advance.

Azra

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:16
English to German
+ ...
Please be more specific Jan 19, 2003

Help us to help you by providing more information:

- Are you using MultiTerm iX or the \"classic\" MultiTerm?

- What exactly are you trying to do: import data into MultiTerm, open an existing termbase or create a new one?

- Which error messages (if any) do you get?

- Have you had a look at the Trados Knowlegde Base, or contacted Trados support?

... See more
Help us to help you by providing more information:

- Are you using MultiTerm iX or the \"classic\" MultiTerm?

- What exactly are you trying to do: import data into MultiTerm, open an existing termbase or create a new one?

- Which error messages (if any) do you get?

- Have you had a look at the Trados Knowlegde Base, or contacted Trados support?

- Have you checked the archives at groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/?
Collapse

AZRA AKARTUNA
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Multiterm Jan 19, 2003

Dear Ralph,

I am using classic Multiterm and I am trying to create a new termbase. I don\'t get any error messages but I cannot create it either. I have contacted to Trados (2 weeks ago) but didn\'t get any answer. Now I am checking Yahoo archiv but additional help is welcomed. By the way, thanks a lot...

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:16
English to German
+ ...
Try the tutorial Jan 21, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-19 22:31, azratuna wrote:

Dear Ralph,

I am using classic Multiterm and I am trying to create a new termbase. I don\'t get any error messages but I cannot create it either.

I\'m not using the Freelance version, but AFAIK there are tutorials on the installation CD. Where exactly do you get stuck?

Quote:
I have con... See more
Quote:

On 2003-01-19 22:31, azratuna wrote:

Dear Ralph,

I am using classic Multiterm and I am trying to create a new termbase. I don\'t get any error messages but I cannot create it either.

I\'m not using the Freelance version, but AFAIK there are tutorials on the installation CD. Where exactly do you get stuck?

Quote:
I have contacted to Trados (2 weeks ago) but didn\'t get any answer.

Do you have a support agreement?

Quote:
Now I am checking Yahoo archiv but additional help is welcomed. By the way, thanks a lot...

No problem. Do you have any existing terms (e.g. a table in Word or Excel) that you could import? ▲ Collapse

AZRA AKARTUNA
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm Jan 21, 2003

Hi Ralph,

I have solved my problem in the end! And I appreciate for your help, thanks a lot.

I have checked Yahoo Trados Users\' Archive and found useful information not only about multiterm but also other issues about Trados. I don\'t have a termbase (excel, etc...) yet but now I know how to create it. Thanks!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 5.5 Multiterm: cannot open, add termbase

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »