Trados support is really improving!
Thread poster: Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:16
French to English
Dec 15, 2002

At some point I promised Mike Kidd (Trados) that I would eat my words if support from Trados Corporation really did improve, after he told me they were really focusing on providing better support. I guess that time has come!

I December 12 (at 10:12 a.m.), I sent a message to the support group in the U.S. to try to resolve my ongoing Multiterm iX problem. By 10:28 a.m. I received a reply from support and the problem was completely resolved by 11:47 a.m. I can now migrate any
... See more
At some point I promised Mike Kidd (Trados) that I would eat my words if support from Trados Corporation really did improve, after he told me they were really focusing on providing better support. I guess that time has come!

I December 12 (at 10:12 a.m.), I sent a message to the support group in the U.S. to try to resolve my ongoing Multiterm iX problem. By 10:28 a.m. I received a reply from support and the problem was completely resolved by 11:47 a.m. I can now migrate any termbase from Multiterm 5 to Multiterm iX and I can import all records.

Note that the terms of the support contract state they will respond within 48 hours. Obviously, we can\'t expect such quick answers all the time, but I have sent a total of 8 support requests and I received replies within 24 hours for all of them.

This issue is labeled KA#6 because it was a continuation of a support request that I ended because the problem was not caused by Trados software.

Way to go Trados!!

Keep it up!!

Take care,

Karin Adamczyk

Header from reply from Trados support:

» -----Original Message-----

» From: Nicole Zehfuss [mailto:[email protected]]

» Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 10:28 AM

» To: Karin Adamczyk

» Subject: KA#6 MTiX import

Header from my original request for support:

» -----Original Message-----

» From: Karin Adamczyk [mailto:[email protected]]

» Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 10:12

» To: support-us

» Subject: Continuing Multiterm iX problems

Collapse

Laura Gentili
Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:16
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
my experience Dec 15, 2002

I also had a very good experience with Trados representative in Switzerland (Italian customers refer to that office). I asked for help with my dongle (the usual bug: suddenly the program does no longer recognize the dongle and starts working in demo mode) and I received a prompt reply with instructions. After a couple of days I received a new e-mail where they asked me if everything was ok!

mmachado (X)
mmachado (X)
English to Portuguese
Same here - very good support Dec 15, 2002

Hi,

Some months ago I also had a problem with my dongle (Trados 3) that stopped being recognized as a valid one. I have visited Trados website and followed all their advices to solve the problem. After running the test, my dongle proved it was no longer working. I contacted Trados representative in Spain (since there is no rep. in Portugal any longer) and they were spectacular!! They asked me to send them the test results by e-mail and the same day they sent me their answer
... See more
Hi,

Some months ago I also had a problem with my dongle (Trados 3) that stopped being recognized as a valid one. I have visited Trados website and followed all their advices to solve the problem. After running the test, my dongle proved it was no longer working. I contacted Trados representative in Spain (since there is no rep. in Portugal any longer) and they were spectacular!! They asked me to send them the test results by e-mail and the same day they sent me their answer. My dongle would be replaced at no cost. In fact I received a new dongle 4 days later from Ireland and more... all data to send them the defective dongle also at no cost.

Well, I was really impressed by the service and I can only trust them.

All the best

Mónica Machado
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Does anyone know of tutorials in Que/Ont? Dec 16, 2002

Trados tutorial sessions or training sessions near Ottawa or Montreal?

Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
Well, kind of... Dec 16, 2002

I did get a quick response asking for the download password to download the cumulative patch for my Freelance 5.5, but the problem for which I needed it (one reported by others: Workbench stops working when term recognition is turned on, sometimes) hasn\'t been addressed yet despite my service request...

So I give them 50% on this one. And why a password on a patch, anyway? What good would it do me if I didn\'t have the softwa
... See more
I did get a quick response asking for the download password to download the cumulative patch for my Freelance 5.5, but the problem for which I needed it (one reported by others: Workbench stops working when term recognition is turned on, sometimes) hasn\'t been addressed yet despite my service request...

So I give them 50% on this one. And why a password on a patch, anyway? What good would it do me if I didn\'t have the software that needed patching in the first place? (Rhetorical question, please don\'t answer in great detail!)
Collapse

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Canada
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Support contract? Dec 16, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-12-16 15:25, ironlady wrote:

So I give them 50% on this one. ... See more
Quote:

So I give them 50% on this one. And why a password on a patch, anyway? What good would it do me if I didn\'t have the software that needed patching in the first place? (Rhetorical question, please don\'t answer in great detail!)

Do you have a support contract?

My comments are based on my experience with a support contract? Trados provides free support for the first 30 days after you purchase the software, but after that, you must purchase a contract if you need additional support. Pretty standard in the software industry.

FWIW, the price of a support contract is very low (I believe under 200 euro for the freelance version).

HTH,

Karin Adamczyk ▲ Collapse

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 00:16
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Trados' Support Contract? Too expensive, thank you. Dec 17, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-12-16 15:39, kadamczyk wrote:

Quote:

I did get a quick response asking for the download password to download the cumulative patch for my Freelance 5.5, but the problem for which I needed it (one reported by others: Workbench stops working when term recognition is turned on, sometimes) hasn\'t been addressed yet despi... See more
Quote:

On 2002-12-16 15:39, kadamczyk wrote:

Quote:

Do you have a support contract?

My comments are based on my experience with a support contract? Trados provides free support for the first 30 days after you purchase the software, but after that, you must purchase a contract if you need additional support. Pretty standard in the software industry.

FWIW, the price of a support contract is very low (I believe under 200 euro for the freelance version).

HTH,

Karin Adamczyk

Well, Karin, I wouln\'t say the 195 Euros is a small fee at all (for independent translators) for an annual support contract and I do not agree that this is a standard industry feature, not at least within the service business. It seems to me that it applies mainly to \"big\" names who need more financial support to funnel into their marketing activities.

Take my case, for example: when I had a problem with the input of Italian accented characters in T-Windows for PowerPoint probably I would have received an answer if I signed for the annual support contract: however this is a software problem, not mine, and therefore why should I pay to have it fixed? Perhaps they should find a way to charge only when the service call is originated because of the user\'s fault or ignorance.

From the DV mail group I learned that sometimes Atril invite users to send their files for analysis when they might suspect that the problem is occurring for DV fault, but without asking for any compensation. For the rest, it seems that the DV group itself is able enough to solve problems and propose solutions.

Kind regards

Mario Cerutti ▲ Collapse

jinshi
jinshi
Local time: 23:16
English to Chinese
+ ...
Maybe I shall talk to Mike directly too! Jan 10, 2003

I have bought Trados Freelance 5.0 for over one year. Yet so far I haven\'t got any positive replies from its Beijing Office when and where I can get a proper training on how to use it.

I do believe that I am the only one who has bought such software at least in Dalian.

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Canada
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
If you think that's expensive... Jan 10, 2003

Quote:

Well, Karin, I wouln\'t say the 195 Euros is a small fee at all (for independent translators) for an annual support contract and I do not agree that this is a standard industry feature, not at least within the service business. It seems to me that it applies mainly to \"big\" names who need more financial support to funnel into their marketing activities.

Mario Cerutti

Check... See more
Quote:

Mario Cerutti

Check this out:

Annual support contracts offer you the assurance of immediate technical support, when you need it, for your most difficult and unexpected questions. And they\'re backed by Déjà Vu\'s legendary team of developers and round-the-clock bug fixers.

International Writers\' Group offers several basic support packages:

The Advanced Support Package guarantees you up to ten hours of phone or e-mail support annually, calculated in fifteen-minute increments, for US$1,099

The Premium Support Package provides you with up to twenty hours annually of phone or e-mail support-again calculated in fifteen-minute increments—for only US$1,899

Other customized extended options available upon request

(from http://www.internationalwriters.com/dejavu/support.html -- the North American distributor for DejaVu)

Take care,

Karin Adamczyk ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados support is really improving!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »