Question regarding Trados TagEditor
Thread poster: Christine Healy-Rendel (X)
Christine Healy-Rendel (X)
Christine Healy-Rendel (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Sep 6, 2002

I am translating a text from English into German (txt files that were extracted from PageMaker).

I have worked with Trados a lot, but mainly with Word-documents. I use TagEditor for the first time. So far I have encountered no problems with using it, but just cannot figure out one issue:

When I look at the preview for German, the German target text won\'t show the German \"Umlaute\" (ö, ü, ä etc.), instead I just see gibberish where the Umlaut should
... See more
I am translating a text from English into German (txt files that were extracted from PageMaker).

I have worked with Trados a lot, but mainly with Word-documents. I use TagEditor for the first time. So far I have encountered no problems with using it, but just cannot figure out one issue:

When I look at the preview for German, the German target text won\'t show the German \"Umlaute\" (ö, ü, ä etc.), instead I just see gibberish where the Umlaut should be. What do I need to do to correct this?

Thanks for your help!
Collapse

Hang Nguyen-Padfield
Hang Nguyen-Padfield  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:17
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
I have the same problem with Vietnamese language Sep 6, 2002

Please keep me posted on this issue

René VINCHON (X)
René VINCHON (X)  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Go to Yahoo_group Sep 7, 2002

For any question regarding Trados, you should join that group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tw_users

You will find there a lot of people very competent that will help you. I\'ve \"used\" them several times, every time with success.

HTH - René

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question regarding Trados TagEditor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »