https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/348007-studio_2011_wont_take_an_excel_file_even_when_downgraded_to_excel_97_2003.html

Studio 2011 won't take an Excel file, even when downgraded to Excel 97/2003
Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:27
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 24, 2020

The message I get is that the file is not in a version compatible with the Excel application, and will not be processed.

This occasionally happens to me with Office, and with Word or PowerPoint it seems to be a fix to just upgrade the doc or ppt version to docx/pptx (or even downgrade from docx/pptx to doc/ppt), but here it doesn't work. I thought it might be the name of the Excel, with a lot of symbols, but it doesn't work when I take all those out either.

Now I think
... See more
The message I get is that the file is not in a version compatible with the Excel application, and will not be processed.

This occasionally happens to me with Office, and with Word or PowerPoint it seems to be a fix to just upgrade the doc or ppt version to docx/pptx (or even downgrade from docx/pptx to doc/ppt), but here it doesn't work. I thought it might be the name of the Excel, with a lot of symbols, but it doesn't work when I take all those out either.

Now I think it might just be that the Excel has a lot of pasted graphs and diagrams in it. ??
Collapse

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Nov 24, 2020

This has now been solved through the good offices of Matthias Brombach, with moral support from expressisverbis, to both of whom I am extremely grateful.

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 17:27
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I'm happy to know it Nov 24, 2020

Thank you Mervyn, I did nothing.
I'm happy to know that Matthias could help you with this. I thought he went to crocodile fishing today!

[Edited at 2020-11-24 16:26 GMT]

Mervyn Henderson (X)

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Nearly the same ... Nov 24, 2020

expressisverbis wrote:

I thought he went to crocodile fishing today!

Dealing with Studio is sometimes nearly the same, actually.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 won't take an Excel file, even when downgraded to Excel 97/2003

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »