Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:04
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Nov 19, 2020

Hello everyone

I heard somewhere (perhaps at a presentation) that Trados is able to import edits from an updated target file. In other words, if I create a new project with e.g. a PPTX file, translate it, and then generate the translated PPTX file, and then make edits in that translated PPTX file (i.e. by opening the translated file in PowerPoint and changing the text), then there is a way to import my edits back into the project. Is that so? Where can I find that feature?
... See more
Hello everyone

I heard somewhere (perhaps at a presentation) that Trados is able to import edits from an updated target file. In other words, if I create a new project with e.g. a PPTX file, translate it, and then generate the translated PPTX file, and then make edits in that translated PPTX file (i.e. by opening the translated file in PowerPoint and changing the text), then there is a way to import my edits back into the project. Is that so? Where can I find that feature?

(I'm not talking about updating from a bilingual document.)

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:04
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Retrofit Nov 19, 2020

Samuel Murray wrote:
I heard somewhere that Trados is able to import edits from an updated target file.

Found it -- right-click the file > Batch Tasks > Update from reviewed target file (retrofit). Trados gives the option to show the import in the aligner, or you can just trust Trados to retrofit it without a preview. Retrofit seems to always use tracked changes for the imported changes. You can also set how strict the aligner should be when determining a match.

A. & S. Witte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update from edited target file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »