Livia D'Amore  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:43
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
Nov 19, 2020

Hi,
I need to open a package in Trados Studio 2017, but I get an error message.
The program looks for a strange directory in order to open it. That directory doesn't even exist in my PC.
How can I change it?

Thank you in advance

Livia

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
What is the error message? Nov 19, 2020

What is the error message?

Livia D'Amore
Italy
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error message Nov 19, 2020

Hi,

I enclosed a screenshot. Hope you can open it.
Anyway, the message is:

Access denied to access path C/Users/damor/AppData/Local/Cronol

Help!

S. Kathryn Jiménez Boyd
S. Kathryn Jiménez Boyd  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2018)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Try renaming the package Nov 19, 2020

Hi Livia. I had this problem a few weeks ago and I was at my wit's end. Then I decided to rename the package path when opening it (I usually use "append name" for the file), to something more simple (was a long name with numbers, etc.). That worked. Worth a try. Let me know if you don't know what I'm talking about and need a screenshot. Good luck!

Livia D'Amore
Italy
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
renaming Nov 19, 2020

Hi,
thank you for your suggestion....I tried, but unfortunately it didn't work.
Meanwhile I disinstalled the program and reinstalled it...nothing. Same as before.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Livia Nov 19, 2020

Livia D'Amore wrote:
I need to open a package in Trados Studio 2017, but I get an error message.
The program looks for a strange directory in order to open it. That directory doesn't even exist in my PC.

When you go through the steps of opening the package, look carefully, there is an option during that process to specify the location of the project.

The person who created that package had misconfigured it, and so the package is trying to get itself created on a location on that other person's computer. Simply change the path to something on your own computer. I no longer have Trados 2017, so I can't tell you exactly where that it, though.

If you can't see this setting anywhere while opening the package, try opening the package not by double-clicking it but by opening Trados first and then using something like File > Open > Package (sorry, can't remember what it was called in Trados 2017).

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:43
English to Russian
Unzip Nov 19, 2020

I don't think the person who created that package could misconfigure it because the above-mentioned path directly relates to the topic starter: C/Users/damor/AppData/Local/Cronol

If you still cannot open the package, just rename its extension .sdlppx to .zip and unzip it. Then run the .sdlproj file. Then send your client the resulting .sdlxliff. That will suffice to update their TM with your translation.
Also, if you are eager to sort out the issue, you'd better post yo
... See more
I don't think the person who created that package could misconfigure it because the above-mentioned path directly relates to the topic starter: C/Users/damor/AppData/Local/Cronol

If you still cannot open the package, just rename its extension .sdlppx to .zip and unzip it. Then run the .sdlproj file. Then send your client the resulting .sdlxliff. That will suffice to update their TM with your translation.
Also, if you are eager to sort out the issue, you'd better post your question on SDL community portal here: https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open packages

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »