where in studio 2017 is the very useful "add 2nd translation" option?
Thread poster: jmutka
jmutka
jmutka
United States
Local time: 04:05
Finnish to English
+ ...
Oct 12, 2020

i use it all the time in studio 2011, and it, among other things, prevents confirming incorrect segment in auto-population, in case the phrase has multiple meanings.

for the life of me, i couldn't find it.

is there a workaround if i go to manipulate the TM directly?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:05
English to Russian
Ctrl+Shift+U Oct 13, 2020

Press Ctrl+Shift+U to add an alternative translation for Default project template.
Or try Ctrl+Alt+Up for SDL Trados project template (or whatever it is called... can't recall now... other than Default), if you selected it when you created your project.

[Edited at 2020-10-13 22:05 GMT]

jmutka
jmutka
United States
Local time: 04:05
Finnish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
where in studio 2017 is the very useful "add 2nd translation" option? Oct 14, 2020

sbasiba @stepan konev. that does it.

[Edited at 2020-10-14 07:05 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »