Error processing command line arguments in Studio 2019
Thread poster: Ben_ (X)
Ben_ (X)
Ben_ (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:22
German to English
Jul 6, 2020

I've never had this problem before, but Studio 2019 won't open anything because I keep getting the error message as follows:

Error processing command line arguments: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Windows 10\Documents\My Music' is denied.

USAGE: SDLTradosStudio.exe [/help|/?] /arg1 val1 /arg2 val2

Task: NoAutoUpdate
Description: Starts the application without automatically checking for updates.
Usage: SDLTradosStudio.exe /noautoupdate
Arguments:
/noautoupdate Starts the application without automatically checking for updates.

Task: Open Retrofit
Description: Opens a retrofit file in the Alignment View.
Usage: SDLTradosStudio.exe /openRetrofit
Arguments:
/openRetrofit The full file path to the retrofit file you want to open.

I have no idea why it mentions the My Music subfolder because I've never used that folder for anything, I certainly don't store translation-related files there.

It won't even load up files that worked fine last week - does anybody know how to get round this?

Thanks!

Edit - I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Studio as well but I still get the same problem.

[Edited at 2020-07-06 13:29 GMT]

Ben_ (X)
Ben_ (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:22
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted it Jul 6, 2020

I went to to File > Setup > Manage User Profiles > Reset User Profiles and problem solved.

Weird bug in the software though...

Ludo1
Bahadır Ahıska

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error processing command line arguments in Studio 2019

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »