Thread poster: Sue Davis
Sue Davis
Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:20
Member (2015)
French to English
Jun 21, 2020

I recently bought a new computer and have had endless problems with receiving a 'program not responding' message including in Trados. I have just been working in Trados and had to restart the computer - I did manage to save the file but not to close down the Trados program. When the computer restarted Trados appeared to have lost the project, asked me if I wanted to be involved in feedback as if I were a new user. It will not now open the project or the bilingual file, I am getting an error mess... See more
I recently bought a new computer and have had endless problems with receiving a 'program not responding' message including in Trados. I have just been working in Trados and had to restart the computer - I did manage to save the file but not to close down the Trados program. When the computer restarted Trados appeared to have lost the project, asked me if I wanted to be involved in feedback as if I were a new user. It will not now open the project or the bilingual file, I am getting an error message saying version is not recognised. I would greatly appreciate any help I am supposed to deliver this job tomorrow morning.Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
We may need a little more information Jun 21, 2020

You say you have purchased a new PC. but where do you have your files? On an external disk?

After switching computer I have had problems that I have lost access to some projects and files/folders because Windows doesn't recognise the ownership. If your problem is the same, the following may solve it for you:

Press the Windows key + S on the keyboard.
Now enter "Command prompt" (no quotes).
Right-click Command Prompt from the results, and then select Run as A
... See more
You say you have purchased a new PC. but where do you have your files? On an external disk?

After switching computer I have had problems that I have lost access to some projects and files/folders because Windows doesn't recognise the ownership. If your problem is the same, the following may solve it for you:

Press the Windows key + S on the keyboard.
Now enter "Command prompt" (no quotes).
Right-click Command Prompt from the results, and then select Run as Administrator from the options.
When the command prompt is up, run the command below:
takeown / F "full path to folder or drive" / A / R / D Y

Restart your computer.
Collapse

Sue Davis
Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Member (2015)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 21, 2020

Thanks for your quick reply. The files are on the new computer, however I will try your suggestion. I did have a backup on an external drive amazingly this has also malfunctioned at the same time.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Could be the files for some reason became locked when copied over to the new PC Jun 21, 2020

Sue Davis wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply. The files are on the new computer, however I will try your suggestion. I did have a backup on an external drive amazingly this has also malfunctioned at the same time.

I hope you find out what's wrong. One possibility is that the files have become corrupted they were copied over, espeically since the external drive also malfunctioned at the same time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 won't open project

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »