Émilie Mercier
Émilie Mercier
France
Local time: 20:46
English to French
+ ...
May 27, 2020

Hello everybody,

I am experiencing difficulties with SDL Trados 2019.

Until recently, I worked with English, German and French. I would like to add Portuguese (I have the Freelance version, and 5 languages are allowed, so so far so good).

I read in the SDL guide that to reconfigure the working languages you need to: return the license, uninstall the software, reinstall it and then reactivate the license. Then, the panel "choice of languages" is supposed to
... See more
Hello everybody,

I am experiencing difficulties with SDL Trados 2019.

Until recently, I worked with English, German and French. I would like to add Portuguese (I have the Freelance version, and 5 languages are allowed, so so far so good).

I read in the SDL guide that to reconfigure the working languages you need to: return the license, uninstall the software, reinstall it and then reactivate the license. Then, the panel "choice of languages" is supposed to be displayed when the software is restarted.

I literally followed this procedure + I cleared my computer of all traces of the software before I reinstalled it + I restarted my computer between each uninstallation/installation to make sure that everything was done correctly, and... Nothing! This "choice of languages" panel has never appeared.

If I want to create a new project, when setting up languages, I can choose English, German or French (and variations), but no other languages are available to me in the list.

I tried to see if I could set up my working languages differently, but it seems not. Maybe I'm missing something?

I do not know if this is a bug, or if I am the bug... u.u'

Has anyone ever encountered this problem before?

Thank you for your help!
Collapse

Émilie Mercier
Émilie Mercier
France
Local time: 20:46
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It was a real bug (and it is fixed)! May 27, 2020

Okay, problem solved!

It was not a handling mistake on my part, but a small bug, and the support was able to solve it really quick.

I do not want to erase this post just in case someone encounters the same problem: you can open a case and SDL support will help you

Bye!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2019: impossible to add a new source language

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »