Nora Escoms
Nora Escoms  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 15, 2020

Hi all,

I'm working on a large Excel file in Studio 2017 where some cells have dropdown lists, but Trados editor doesn't show the text in those lists. Any ideas on what the problem may be and how I can solve it? Also, when I save the translation as target, the buttons (those that open the dropdown lists and others) don't work. I'd appreciate your help, this is rather urgent.

Thanks in advance!

Beata Baika
Beata Baika  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 22:49
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Extracting the text of a drop-down menu's in an Excel file May 15, 2020

Dear Nora,

Check this: https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/17893/how-can-i-extract-the-texts-of-drop-down-menu-s-in-an-excel-file-to-translate-them-in-sdl-studio-2017

Aline Amorim

Nora Escoms
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but May 15, 2020

Thank you, Beata. I tried it, but then I get something like this: =INDIRECTO(BUSCARV(B4;QLookup1;2;FALSO)) (Sorry, my Excel is in Spanish) and I have no idea what to do with that...

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 15:49
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
And, what is inside cell B4? May 16, 2020

Nora Escoms wrote:

Thank you, Beata. I tried it, but then I get something like this: =INDIRECTO(BUSCARV(B4;QLookup1;2;FALSO)) (Sorry, my Excel is in Spanish) and I have no idea what to do with that...

While "INDIRECTO", "BUSCARV" and "FALSO" are Excel functions/operators, and "QLookup1" is a range name (untranslatable), the content of cell B4 is the one to translate. I assume that by now you have unhidden it. In that case, you have to reimport the file for Studio to "see" the newly unhidden content.

Nora Escoms
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Jorge. May 17, 2020

This document is a survey tool, with several worksheets. There's a list of questions, and people must choose their answers from the drop-down lists. The content of B4 is one of the questions, which are all in column B. Theoretically, I've already translated everything, including the answers (there's a separate worksheet with all the questions and answers). However, the drop-down lists are still in English. I've tried unhiding a couple of columns that are hidden but nothing happens. I've checked ... See more
This document is a survey tool, with several worksheets. There's a list of questions, and people must choose their answers from the drop-down lists. The content of B4 is one of the questions, which are all in column B. Theoretically, I've already translated everything, including the answers (there's a separate worksheet with all the questions and answers). However, the drop-down lists are still in English. I've tried unhiding a couple of columns that are hidden but nothing happens. I've checked the original document again and even there the lists don't all open, so I guess there's something wrong in the source to begin with. There are also certain cells that are protected, and I can't unprotect them without a password. So I guess what I'm going to do is just talk to the client about it.

Thanks anyway!!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017 and xlsm files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »