How do I remove a GroupShare project from "in progress" in my projects list?
Thread poster: Johanna Liljenzin
Johanna Liljenzin
Johanna Liljenzin  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 21:10
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 13, 2020

Hi everyone!

One of my longstanding clients started using GroupShare today. After I had delivered the project by checking in the file and changing the phase to review, I tried to remove the project from "in progress" in my own local projects list (I am not talking about "their" lists on the GroupShare server). I then got the error message "You cannot complete this project because you do not have required permission".

How do I solve this? The client has no idea; the proj
... See more
Hi everyone!

One of my longstanding clients started using GroupShare today. After I had delivered the project by checking in the file and changing the phase to review, I tried to remove the project from "in progress" in my own local projects list (I am not talking about "their" lists on the GroupShare server). I then got the error message "You cannot complete this project because you do not have required permission".

How do I solve this? The client has no idea; the project is marked as completed on their side. I really need to move the project from "in progress" to the list of completed projects, as it will be very difficult for me otherwise to keep track of the projects I am currently working on and the projects that I have already completed (which I must keep track of for billing and audit purposes).

I would be very grateful for your help!

(And yes, I posted this in the official SDL Community forum two days ago, to no avail.)

Kind regards,
Johanna
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:10
English to Russian
Unpublish your project May 13, 2020

As far as I remember, they (your client) should unpublish the project before you can remove it. This issue was raised years ago, but SDL are too busy with their super-innovative 2021 version. That is why they have nothing to say.
When your client has the project unpublished, try removing your local files again. Then they can re-publish it if need be.

Here you can check out how SDL rush into solving issues. From 5 years ago thro
... See more
As far as I remember, they (your client) should unpublish the project before you can remove it. This issue was raised years ago, but SDL are too busy with their super-innovative 2021 version. That is why they have nothing to say.
When your client has the project unpublished, try removing your local files again. Then they can re-publish it if need be.

Here you can check out how SDL rush into solving issues. From 5 years ago through 1 month ago, still pending.
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/sdl-groupshare/f/groupshare-qa/3595/how-to-delete-a-file-from-groupshare-project

[Edited at 2020-05-13 14:00 GMT]
Collapse

Johanna Liljenzin
Sweden
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found - thanks Stepan! May 13, 2020

Stepan,

Thank you so much for your response! I got an error message stating that I did not have permission to unpublish the project, but in fact, it moved nicely to the "completed" projects list and disappeared from the "in progress" list - and I didn't have to bother my client again. (I fact, I will tell them how I did this - they told me they got the same question from other translators working on the other language versions).

Kind regards,
Johanna

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:10
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Just curious May 13, 2020

Why don't you highlight the project and click "remove from list"?

Johanna Liljenzin
Sweden
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Why "remove from list" doesn't do the trick for me May 13, 2020

Heinrich,

If I simply use "remove from list", the project will not appear in my "Completed" list, where I need it to show up for follow-up and billing purposes.

Johanna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I remove a GroupShare project from "in progress" in my projects list?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »