Multiterm problems with Studio 2019
Thread poster: Ben_ (X)
Ben_ (X)
Ben_ (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:14
German to English
Mar 4, 2020

I've recently upgraded to Studio 2019 and have had problems with Multiterm ever since.

If I click on the Project Settings the right termbase is ticked as enabled, but on the termbase search section in the top-right section of the screen it always says "No results available" even though in the source text the words which are in the termbase still have the red line above them.

I've tried going into Hitlist Settings but everything is ticked there which should be so I doub
... See more
I've recently upgraded to Studio 2019 and have had problems with Multiterm ever since.

If I click on the Project Settings the right termbase is ticked as enabled, but on the termbase search section in the top-right section of the screen it always says "No results available" even though in the source text the words which are in the termbase still have the red line above them.

I've tried going into Hitlist Settings but everything is ticked there which should be so I doubt that's the issue.
Collapse

TranslateWithMe
TranslateWithMe
Poland
Local time: 22:14
English to Polish
+ ...
maybe... Mar 6, 2020

Well, it may be stupid but did you choose Term Recognition tab at the bottom of the Termbase window in Trados?
It must be Term Recognition and not Termbase Search tab. In Tearmbase Search window you can only type in a search word.

K.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Same problem May 4, 2020

Ben Harrison wrote:

I've tried going into Hitlist Settings but everything is ticked there which should be so I doubt that's the issue.

I have exactly the same problem with Studio 2019. All of a sudden my TermBase window was and stayed empty.

TranslateWithMe wrote: ".... did you choose Term Recognition tab at the bottom of the Termbase window in Trados? It must be Term Recognition and not Termbase Search tab."

Sounds logical, but there is no Term Recognition tab at the bottom of my Termbase window and....

"In Tearmbase Search window you can only type in a search word."

Doesn't work either.

Has anybody a solution?

[Edited at 2020-05-04 14:46 GMT]

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 21:14
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Reorganise the Termbase? May 4, 2020

Have you tried to reorganize the Termbase by Multiterm?
Try to do that, and then open the file/project you want to use/translate with Studio, and see if this works.
https://gateway.sdl.com/articles/FAQ/000001161

[Edited at 2020-05-04 20:57 GMT]

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Problem solved May 5, 2020

You indeed have to select the Term Recognition tab, not at the bottom of the Termbase window (because there is no tab there), but on the toolbar under View -> Term Recognition.

There is also another way to see the results in your TB. Again on the toolbar (ribbon): Files -> Terminology -> Show Translations. click, and a pop-up window will open.

[Edited at 2020-05-05 10:26 GMT]

PS) There is a Term Recognition tab under the Termbase/Recognition window, but only when
... See more
You indeed have to select the Term Recognition tab, not at the bottom of the Termbase window (because there is no tab there), but on the toolbar under View -> Term Recognition.

There is also another way to see the results in your TB. Again on the toolbar (ribbon): Files -> Terminology -> Show Translations. click, and a pop-up window will open.

[Edited at 2020-05-05 10:26 GMT]

PS) There is a Term Recognition tab under the Termbase/Recognition window, but only when Term Recognition is activated, not when Termbase is on, and that was exactly the problem.

[Edited at 2020-05-06 09:15 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm problems with Studio 2019

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »