SDL Trados 2011 - can I change a file back from "in review" to "in translation"?
Thread poster: Paula McMullan
Paula McMullan
Paula McMullan  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:19
French to English
Dec 23, 2019

I'm not sure how this happened. I have 7 documents in a project. I have closed them all and 5 stay "in translation" but 2 have saved and now show "in review" which is annoying because I haven't finished translating them and I'd like to keep track of my progress.

Does anyone have an idea please?

Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not sure but... Dec 23, 2019

Paula McMullan wrote:

Does anyone have an idea please?

I think the status changes once a segment has been marked as "approved". If you make sure all segments are either not translated/draft/translated, and none are approved, then I think the status returns to "in translation".

Brent Sørensen
Brent Sørensen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:19
Member (2016)
German to English
+ ...
Try a restart or translation count Dec 23, 2019

This has happened to me before. Sometimes it resets if you restart Trados. You could also try doing a "Translation count" under Batch tasks". Hope this helps you.

Jaime Oriard
Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:19
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Segment status Dec 24, 2019

Just make sure no segments are marked as Translation Approved/Translation Rejected or Signed Off/Sign Off Rejected (or whatever the actual status names are--I don't have Trados open at the moment to check), and save your document.

Good luck

Charlotte Bower

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 08:19
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Change segment status from Translation approved to Unconfirmed or whatever Dec 24, 2019

Paula McMullan wrote:

I'm not sure how this happened. I have 7 documents in a project. I have closed them all and 5 stay "in translation" but 2 have saved and now show "in review" which is annoying because I haven't finished translating them and I'd like to keep track of my progress.

Open the files in question, filter on Translation approved
Skjermbilde

Mark all segments
Skjermbilde-1
Right click in the first column, and choose Change segment status > Draft (or Not translated or whatever suits you best)

I think this should solve your problem.

Roy

Dan Lucas

Paula McMullan
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Roy Dec 25, 2019

Roy Oestensen wrote:

Paula McMullan wrote:

Open the files in question, filter on Translation approved
Skjermbilde

Mark all segments
Skjermbilde-1
Right click in the first column, and choose Change segment status > Draft (or Not translated or whatever suits you best)

I think this should solve your problem.

Roy

That's super helpful, Roy. I'll try it out tomorrow.

Happy Christmas!!

Buddhika Edirisinghe

Paula McMullan
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Jaime Dec 25, 2019

Jaime Oriard wrote:

Just make sure no segments are marked as Translation Approved/Translation Rejected or Signed Off/Sign Off Rejected (or whatever the actual status names are--I don't have Trados open at the moment to check), and save your document.

Good luck

I'll have a go tomorrow.

Happy Christmas!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011 - can I change a file back from "in review" to "in translation"?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »