Does WorldServer create an extract of the TM when creating packages?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Dec 16, 2019

Does WorldServer automatically create an extract of the TM while creating packages, or is this something the PM configures manually?

I received a WSXZ with only a tiny TM embedded, that's why I'm asking.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:04
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Hans Dec 16, 2019

Hans Lenting wrote:
Does WorldServer automatically create an extract of the TM while creating packages, or is this something the PM configures manually? I received a WSXZ with only a tiny TM embedded, that's why I'm asking.

I don't know, but I often receive Trados packages (both native and WorldServer) that contain a TM, and then the TM is either empty or contains just one or two short segments that are really not useful for the project (-: like the translation for "Yes" and "No". Do your WSXZ packages typically contain large TMs?

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
@Samuel Dec 16, 2019

Samuel Murray wrote:

Do your WSXZ packages typically contain large TMs?

It's my first .

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does WorldServer create an extract of the TM when creating packages?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »