Thread poster: Marie-Camille
Marie-Camille
Marie-Camille  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:26
English to French
Nov 20, 2019

Hi all,

I'm setting up my project in Studio 2019. I haven't worked with Trados since 2012 and there are lots of changes. I worked with Transit NXT over the last years. Yet, some reasons make me migrate to Studio.

I have the following issue:
I created the TM, imported the TMX. The files are pretranslated.
I did a small try with Stats in both Tools, attaching the screenshots.

The analyse looks like

Trados Studio:
100 % matches -
... See more
Hi all,

I'm setting up my project in Studio 2019. I haven't worked with Trados since 2012 and there are lots of changes. I worked with Transit NXT over the last years. Yet, some reasons make me migrate to Studio.

I have the following issue:
I created the TM, imported the TMX. The files are pretranslated.
I did a small try with Stats in both Tools, attaching the screenshots.

The analyse looks like

Trados Studio:
100 % matches - 200044 words
[...]
New - 1288 words

Transit NXT with the same file:
Pretranslated 194176
100% - 0
[...]
New: 1830

So the untranslated wordCount is different but the major issue in the Pretranslated/100% stats. [Edit]. From what I read till now, those words should appear as Perfect Matches But what do I do wrong in my import / pretranslations steps?

I guess that some options should be activated when I create the TM or when the file is pretranslated in Studio but I have no idea which one.

The other thing that worries me is that I have most of the segments marked as "Translated" and only very few with the tag "100%", and I don't really understand which difference Studio makes here in the Status of a segment.

Can someone please help me to find out where I should adjust my settings?

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

[Modifié le 2019-11-20 19:55 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2019 - TM /100% matches / perfect matches [edit]

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »