Maria Macavei
Romania
Local time: 15:35
English to Romanian
+ ...
Nov 18, 2019

SDL Trados 2017 Freelance v. 14.1.10017.54688

Hello!
I'm having a problem with the LegIt plug-in, v. 1.1, 2017. When I try to convert a .doc file (Microsoft Word 97-2003) into a Bilingual Doc, I get the "completed" message in the log, but when I open the folder where the .doc file is, there is no converted file. Hence, I assume that it does not convert my file, as I do not see any .bak file alongside what should be the converted .doc.
I have followed all the usual steps
... See more
SDL Trados 2017 Freelance v. 14.1.10017.54688

Hello!
I'm having a problem with the LegIt plug-in, v. 1.1, 2017. When I try to convert a .doc file (Microsoft Word 97-2003) into a Bilingual Doc, I get the "completed" message in the log, but when I open the folder where the .doc file is, there is no converted file. Hence, I assume that it does not convert my file, as I do not see any .bak file alongside what should be the converted .doc.
I have followed all the usual steps: 1. checking the Bilingual doc box; 2. selecting a file; 3. choosing a source and target language and then clicking "convert".
Am I doing something wrong or is the plug-in to blame? If the plug-in is the problem, I heard that the stand-alone app works without issues. But, as it is not avalaible for download any longer, would you know where I could find it or could any of you send me the app so I can install it?

P. S.: Trying to convert the file into a .TTX format yields the same result.

[Edited at 2019-11-18 05:57 GMT]
Collapse

Eduardo Cano Rodríguez
Eduardo Cano Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:35
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Did you manage to solve this? Nov 16, 2020

Hi Maria,

Did you manage to get this solved? I am experiencing exactly the same issue.

Maria Macavei
Maria Macavei
Romania
Local time: 15:35
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Nov 16, 2020

Hi Eduardo,

No, I did not manage to solve this problem.

[Edited at 2020-11-16 14:31 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-11-16 14:32 GMT]

Eduardo Cano Rodríguez

Eduardo Cano Rodríguez
Eduardo Cano Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:35
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks! Nov 16, 2020

Maria Macavei wrote:

Hi Eduardo,

No, I did not manage to solve this problem.

[Edited at 2020-11-16 14:31 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-11-16 14:32 GMT]

Okay, thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File conversion not working in SDL LegIt plug-in, v. 1.1

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »