Thread poster: Claudia Mattaliano
Claudia Mattaliano
Claudia Mattaliano  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:54
German to Italian
+ ...
Sep 28, 2019

Hi everybody!

I really need your help. I just upgraded to Studio 2019 and yesterday I translated my first job. It was a project package I received from a translation agency. This morning I wanted to review it and it was gone. I tried to open the package again, but the translation is not there.

Can someone tell me what happened? Is there a chance to get my translation back?

Thank you!
Claudia

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Claudia Sep 28, 2019

Claudia Mattaliano wrote:
This morning I wanted to review it and it was gone.

It's possible that the project list is set to show only certain types of projects (e.g. ones that are unfinished). On the Home tab, at the left near the bottom, click "Projects" to open the Projects view. Then above it, on the left, there are three dropdown options, namely Status, Due Date and Type. Fiddle with those to see if you can make your project re-appear in the big Projects pane on the right.

If that doesn't help, try to find the project manually on your computer (can you remember in which folder it was created?), and then double-click the SDLPROJ file to re-open the project. Windows calls the SDLPROJ file the "SDL Trados Studio Project File". It's icon looks like this:

sdlproj icon

I tried to open the [forward] package again, but the translation is not there.

No, the forward package is just an easy way to set up a project. When you run the forward package, it sets up the project and puts the source files in the correct location. But when you do the translation, the forward package is not updated with anything. Running the forward package again will simply re-create the untranslated project (although in my experience it will warn you before overwriting your translation).

Claudia Mattaliano
Claudia Mattaliano  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I found it!!! Sep 28, 2019

Samuel, thank you so much! I found my translation! What a relief!

Vadim Kadyrov

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I lost my translation!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »