Untratranslated text analysis
Thread poster: Hrvoje Topić
Hrvoje Topić
Hrvoje Topić
Croatia
Local time: 15:19
English to Croatian
May 11, 2019

Hello, I wonder someone can help me with planning a job. I always rely on percentages to plan my output. But when I have a big file sometimes it happens that segments are repeated. So sometimes I work all day to fulfill my daily quota, and the next day it only takes a couple of hours. Naturally, I would like to distribute my workload evenly. I've looked into WIP report, but it doesn't seem to give me info about the untranslated text. For example, if I had 20 pages of untranslated text it would b... See more
Hello, I wonder someone can help me with planning a job. I always rely on percentages to plan my output. But when I have a big file sometimes it happens that segments are repeated. So sometimes I work all day to fulfill my daily quota, and the next day it only takes a couple of hours. Naturally, I would like to distribute my workload evenly. I've looked into WIP report, but it doesn't seem to give me info about the untranslated text. For example, if I had 20 pages of untranslated text it would be a great help if I could find out that e.g. 50% of the text is repeated with a match, say 70 to 80%.

Thank you for any help you can offer!
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Are you running an analysis on the job? May 11, 2019

It sounds like you perhaps haven't tried running an analysis on the job to see the breakdown of the job with 100% matches, fuzziness and repetitions. If you haven't, you should try that, as I think it will help you get an estimate on how much work you have waiting.

Look at the Batch task list.

Hrvoje Topić
Hrvoje Topić
Croatia
English to Croatian
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! May 12, 2019

Thank you Roy! This seems to be what I need. I've tried it before, but since I didn't run it on a new job I thought it was just statistics of what I've done so far.

Best regards,
Hrvoje

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Untratranslated text analysis

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »