Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 05:48
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Sep 21, 2018

I cannot open Multiterm 2019 to edit a termbase.

If I click on the Desktop short cut or find Multiterm with Explorer, the icon appears in the task bar, complete with a list of termbases I last worked on, but it remains minimized, and will not open.

If I right click and click on Open, it flashes for a second on screen and disappears again.

It seems to be working OK with Studio, but it means I can't add terms that are not directly in a translation in Studio.
... See more
I cannot open Multiterm 2019 to edit a termbase.

If I click on the Desktop short cut or find Multiterm with Explorer, the icon appears in the task bar, complete with a list of termbases I last worked on, but it remains minimized, and will not open.

If I right click and click on Open, it flashes for a second on screen and disappears again.

It seems to be working OK with Studio, but it means I can't add terms that are not directly in a translation in Studio.

I have Windows 10 ….
Collapse

Arcangela Minio
Susanna Miles

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 07:48
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Working with 2 monitors Sep 22, 2018

Hi Cristine,
Thing like that occur as a result of working with 2 monitors and moving a window from one to the other.
Basically it's a Windows problem and there is nothing wrong with Multiterm.
To solve it, close Multiterm and disconnect the second monitor to work on the computer's monitor only (Make sure you choose "PC screen only" before disconnecting the monitor).
Restart the system.
Start Multiterm and if it still appears only in the Desktop shortcut bar and will
... See more
Hi Cristine,
Thing like that occur as a result of working with 2 monitors and moving a window from one to the other.
Basically it's a Windows problem and there is nothing wrong with Multiterm.
To solve it, close Multiterm and disconnect the second monitor to work on the computer's monitor only (Make sure you choose "PC screen only" before disconnecting the monitor).
Restart the system.
Start Multiterm and if it still appears only in the Desktop shortcut bar and will not open, right klick on Multiterm icon in the shortcut bar, chose "Move" from the menu and try to move it from the bar to the desktop.
Now, this doesn't work always. In my case (I have encountered it with the Find window of Studio) I had to uninstall Studio and reinstall it to solve the problem.
Good Luck.
Collapse

Christine Andersen
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have never ever worked with two monitors Sep 23, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion, but I only use one monitor - and if occasionally I want a second screen, I use my laptop, which is a totally independent computer.

… but I agree it is not necessarily a Multiterm problem. I have had it earlier with at least one dictionary on CD - and had to go over to using the hard copy.

I have also tried restarting, and tried on different days after closing down the whole system for the night. I am reluctant to reinstall Studio - it is now
... See more
Thanks for the suggestion, but I only use one monitor - and if occasionally I want a second screen, I use my laptop, which is a totally independent computer.

… but I agree it is not necessarily a Multiterm problem. I have had it earlier with at least one dictionary on CD - and had to go over to using the hard copy.

I have also tried restarting, and tried on different days after closing down the whole system for the night. I am reluctant to reinstall Studio - it is now working after SDL sorted a bug.
Probably the answer is to ask SDL to sort this one too! I have not needed help for several versions of Studio, but this is why I have a PSMA.
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 21:48
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A little trick Sep 24, 2018

This should fix it:

First, hold down the "Shift" key while right-clicking the program in the taskbar, and select "Move", then use your mouse or the arrow keys to move the window back onto the screen.

Ewa Cetnarowska
Matthias Brombach
Ieva Kupruka
Susanna Miles
Bamdad Salehi
Jesús Melcón Vega
Steve Grammer

Christine Andersen
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This was the solution Oct 16, 2018

In the end, I filed a support request, and this proved to be the answer:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000008024

I still have to work with full screen. If I try to reduce the size of the window, it minimizes totally instead, but for the limited amount of time I work with Multiterm on each occasion, it is not a bi
... See more
In the end, I filed a support request, and this proved to be the answer:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000008024

I still have to work with full screen. If I try to reduce the size of the window, it minimizes totally instead, but for the limited amount of time I work with Multiterm on each occasion, it is not a big problem.

Must try that trick with the other dictionary too, but the CD is several years old, so it may be obsolete for other reasons.
Collapse

Ewa Cetnarowska
Ewa Cetnarowska  Identity Verified
Spain
Russian to Polish
+ ...
For me it worked... Nov 12, 2018

Nora Diaz wrote:

This should fix it:

First, hold down the "Shift" key while right-clicking the program in the taskbar, and select "Move", then use your mouse or the arrow keys to move the window back onto the screen.

David Koppel
thtalbot

thtalbot
thtalbot  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
For me too Feb 15, 2019

Ewa Cetnarowska wrote:

Nora Diaz wrote:

This should fix it:

Except I used Shift+right-click+ Maximize

Daniela Alunni
David Boskovic

Joël Rooms
Joël Rooms
Belgium
MultiTerm is minimized May 21, 2019

When MultiTerm is minimized when closing the program or shutting down the computer, it remains minimized when reopening the program. The trick is to hold the Shift-key and right click the MultiTerm icon in the taskbar, and then choose "Maximize" in the menu.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2019 is minimized - and will not open on screen

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »