Nathalie Coutelle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:59
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
Jun 19, 2018

Hello everybody!

I was sent a project package by a client containing a files for translation, and I tried to open it the usual way (File > Open > Package). The "Review package contents" window opened and, on the bottom left panel, under the task "Review" I could see 1 subfolder, but no files were listed on the bottom right panel. When I selected the subfolder, I could see each of the files contained in the relevant folder, but not both at the same time. To solve this, I clic
... See more
Hello everybody!

I was sent a project package by a client containing a files for translation, and I tried to open it the usual way (File > Open > Package). The "Review package contents" window opened and, on the bottom left panel, under the task "Review" I could see 1 subfolder, but no files were listed on the bottom right panel. When I selected the subfolder, I could see each of the files contained in the relevant folder, but not both at the same time. To solve this, I clicked on the "Include subfolders" button and then the files was visible. I clicked on "Finish" and Studio prompted me to select a folder to save the Project. I selected an empty folder and clicked OK. The "Importing package window" showed that the import was correct. I clicked on "Close" and the project was listed in the Projects view. However, when I clicked on the Project name, no file appeared in the Files view. Then I checked the Projects view again and the Project details at the botton showed that there were 1 translatable file. So the file is there, but I can't access it from Studio.

Any idea how to solve this?
Collapse

Hazel Underwood
Hazel Underwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:59
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Include subfolders Jun 20, 2018

Have you clicked on Include subfolders again on the left in the Files view (or clicked on the folder under Project folders in the Files view)?

Valentina Gomez Fletcher
Valentina Gomez Fletcher
Uruguay
Local time: 18:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
same problem Aug 8, 2018

I'm having the exact same problem and it's driving me nuts. I do the "select folder" bit but no files appear on the next screen. Somebody help please!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

no files visible in Files View when opening package containing a subfolder

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »