Studio 2017: "Cannot edit revised content when review mode is off" ?
Thread poster: MikeTrans
MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 11:47
Italian to German
+ ...
Mar 19, 2018

Hello,
I have opened a file for review in my Studio project and started to correct content in it, but suddenly I get this message in a bubble and cannot proceed editing anything. What's happening exactly? The Help files don't talk about this. I will try to save and re-open the doc, but I anticipate that this is not the right procedure.

Thanks anyone to unveil this mystery for me!

[Edited at 2018-03-19 17:18 GMT]

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
After re-opening the file... Mar 19, 2018

Re-opening the file (in Review mode) will allow me to edit the content again, but still I have no idea about the reason of this message. Feedback is much appreciated.
Thanks,

Darius Sciuka
Darius Sciuka  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 12:47
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Turn Track Changes on Mar 19, 2018

I had a similar situation with Studio 2015 a few days ago. I did some editing to a document with Track Changes on. Later I was not able to edit newly inserted content and was getting the same error message "Cannot edit revised content..." The problem was solved by turning Track Changes back on. Apparently this is what this obscure error message is trying to tell.

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Darius! Mar 19, 2018

Yes that was it, at some point I have actually disabled tracked changes (instead of chosing the final view). Re-opening the document has turn them on automatically. In the future I'll know that I must keep them on. Thank you very much for the feedback!

Have a nice day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: "Cannot edit revised content when review mode is off" ?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »