When I install my Studio 2017, can I transfer all settings (API keys etc.) and plugins from 2015?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 13:15
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 1, 2018

When I install my Studio 2017, can I transfer all settings (API keys etc.) and plugins from 2015?

I still work on version 2015 and haven't installed my 2017 version that I bought long time ago already. Can I do the change quickly now without having to set up everything from scratch (settings, API keys, plugins)?

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2014)
English to German
Studio Migration Utility Mar 1, 2018

This plugin helped when I upgraded to (the very first version of) Studio 2017 and can be downloaded here:

https://appstore.sdl.com/de/language/app/studio-migration-utility/481/

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Should I upgrade my 2015 license to 2017 license before running Studio Migration utility? Mar 1, 2018

Thanks Silke, will try that, have downloaded and installed now. Hope I didn't do it wrong but I chose to install for both Studio 2015 and 2017 (there were some reviews about having issues, 2017 wasn't displayed when running the utility).

Do you think I should upgrade my 2015 license to 2017 license before I run the Studio Migration utility? Or perhaps it doesn't matter?

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2014)
English to German
Yes Mar 1, 2018

I did it that way. But, as mentioned before, it had been the very first version of Studio 2017 - the app worked perfect. I don't know if the current version behaves the same way.
On the other hand, there seems to be no alternative to try (as far I know). In the worst case this app does not work properly and you have to adapt the version manually, like without an app.
Good luck, Fredrik!

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
An error occured whilst trying to determine the file version. Mar 1, 2018

Unfortunately I got this error when everything seemed to have succeeded:

An error occured whilst trying to determine the file version.

I can't click it away either; I click OK to confirm and then get the same error message displayed over and over again.

However, now when I run the same utility from SDL Trados Studio 2015 it worked! No error message at least.

[Edited at 2018-03-01 22:01 GMT]

Strange, I had 34 addins in 2015 and got 39 in
... See more
Unfortunately I got this error when everything seemed to have succeeded:

An error occured whilst trying to determine the file version.

I can't click it away either; I click OK to confirm and then get the same error message displayed over and over again.

However, now when I run the same utility from SDL Trados Studio 2015 it worked! No error message at least.

[Edited at 2018-03-01 22:01 GMT]

Strange, I had 34 addins in 2015 and got 39 in 2018... No customers were exported and only one of two projects.

[Edited at 2018-03-01 23:34 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »