Studio 2017: 'Sdl.Desktop.Platform.CommandBars.lActionService' could not be started
Thread poster: Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 17:15
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Feb 28, 2018

I have had an unfortunate problem with SR1, where an agency I am working for, recommended downgrading to an earlier build.

I, therefore, uninstalled SR1, cleaned the Windows registry with Ccleaner and installed Studio 2017 from the package SDLTradosStudio2017_5746.exe, date stamp 19 Jan. 2017, which I had saved.

Result:
Service 'Sdl.Desktop.Platform.CommandBars.lActionService' could not be started.

I have removed some xml files that apparently fixed t
... See more
I have had an unfortunate problem with SR1, where an agency I am working for, recommended downgrading to an earlier build.

I, therefore, uninstalled SR1, cleaned the Windows registry with Ccleaner and installed Studio 2017 from the package SDLTradosStudio2017_5746.exe, date stamp 19 Jan. 2017, which I had saved.

Result:
Service 'Sdl.Desktop.Platform.CommandBars.lActionService' could not be started.

I have removed some xml files that apparently fixed this same problem for someone with Studio 2014, but the problem remains.

Is there someone who knows how to fix this issue?

Roy

Addition: It seems a plugin from the agency was the culprit. They gave the advice of removing all remnants of it, so now the problem is fixed.

[Edited at 2018-03-01 12:38 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: 'Sdl.Desktop.Platform.CommandBars.lActionService' could not be started

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »