Una D.
Una D.  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:50
French to English
+ ...
Feb 17, 2018

Hello,

I'm working with Trados 2014 at the moment (debating whether to upgrade or just switch to another CAT tool altogether since I'm not a big Trados fan), and I need to revise a previously translated document by making tracked changes. I can export a side-by-side source/target document in a .docx format which shows my tracked changes, but I want ONLY the target and can't figure out how to do this.

Bizarrely, when I'm working with the .docx file and I just save the t
... See more
Hello,

I'm working with Trados 2014 at the moment (debating whether to upgrade or just switch to another CAT tool altogether since I'm not a big Trados fan), and I need to revise a previously translated document by making tracked changes. I can export a side-by-side source/target document in a .docx format which shows my tracked changes, but I want ONLY the target and can't figure out how to do this.

Bizarrely, when I'm working with the .docx file and I just save the target (whether I've already accepted the tracked changes or not), the file it outputs is just thousands of empty pages with bits of code. I have to save the source as .doc for it to export the target text correctly (but it won't show the tracked changes).

What am I missing? Surely there must be a way to just export the target translation showing the tracked changes I made in Trados...

Thanks for your help,

Una
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 22:50
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Is source a docx file or something else? Feb 17, 2018

What you describe sounds like a very strange behaviour.

If the source is a docx file, the exported file should also be a docx file, so perhaps you need to explain a little more what actually is happening in your case so that others can help you better.

You could export an external view file and just delete the source column and keep the target column. And perhaps even convert the target column to text only, but then you won't have the format of the source document, of
... See more
What you describe sounds like a very strange behaviour.

If the source is a docx file, the exported file should also be a docx file, so perhaps you need to explain a little more what actually is happening in your case so that others can help you better.

You could export an external view file and just delete the source column and keep the target column. And perhaps even convert the target column to text only, but then you won't have the format of the source document, of course.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting/saving target only with tracked changes in Trados 2014

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »