memoQ plugin for SDL Trados doesn't work on Trados 2017! Trados Studio 2015 trial download - Help!!!
Thread poster: Alejandro Vargas
Alejandro Vargas
Alejandro Vargas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 8, 2017

Hi everyone!!

I need to use the memoQ plugin for Trados so that I can share a remote TM through Language Terminal, but it turns out that the plugin doesn't work on my Trados 2017!! Does anyone know how to download the Trados 2015 trial? It's not available anymore on the official Trados website.

Thank you very much for your attention!

Alejandro

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:05
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Do you need to use the plugin? Jan 8, 2017

Do you really want to install Trados Studio 2015 just for the memoQ plugin? Can't you accomplish what you want by going to languageterminal.com with your Web browser?

Alejandro Vargas
Alejandro Vargas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Jan 8, 2017

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

Do you really want to install Trados Studio 2015 just for the memoQ plugin? Can't you accomplish what you want by going to languageterminal.com with your Web browser?

Well, I found a copy of the Trados 2015 installation file on my computer, so I don't need help anymore. Thanks!

Language Terminal does not support Trados without the plugin.

Best regards,

Alejandro

Artyom Vecherov
Artyom Vecherov
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:05
English to Russian
+ ...
Addition to above May 19, 2017

Actually, the plugin work[ed] in Trados Studio 2017.

One just had to put the contents of "c:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\12\" to
"c:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\14\"

However, the plugin is not working anymore, independently of the Trados Studio version.

“Something went wrong with the Language Terminal Server. Error in the provider Language Terminal” - that all I get in Trados Studio 2015 a
... See more
Actually, the plugin work[ed] in Trados Studio 2017.

One just had to put the contents of "c:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\12\" to
"c:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\14\"

However, the plugin is not working anymore, independently of the Trados Studio version.

“Something went wrong with the Language Terminal Server. Error in the provider Language Terminal” - that all I get in Trados Studio 2015 and 2017. Support kept silence for the entire day, no answer still. Tо tell the truth, I even thought that they had a WannaCry Decrypt0r attack.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ plugin for SDL Trados doesn't work on Trados 2017! Trados Studio 2015 trial download - Help!!!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »