dependency file not found
Auteur du fil: Oliver Pekelharing

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Espagne
Local time: 06:28
Membre (2005)
espagnol vers anglais
It would be nice... Aug 19, 2016

... if SDL actually addressed these problems.

A programme designed to save us time shouldn't have a major glitch that wastes so much of it.

Christopher & Rozilene Frye  Identity Verified
Brésil
Local time: 02:28
Membre (2011)
portugais vers anglais
+ ...
Us, to! "dependency file not found" Sep 21, 2016

We had the same problem and have tried all the suggested fixes, but with no success (Trados Studio 2015, Windows 8.1). I tried navigating to the original file, but we had dozens of files in this job and it was impossible to know which was which. I tried finding a way to stop my anti-virus software or Windows from deleting the temporary files, but I just got lost in the weeds and couldn't find where/how to do that, and it doesn't sound like a very good solution, because the temporary file fold is... See more
We had the same problem and have tried all the suggested fixes, but with no success (Trados Studio 2015, Windows 8.1). I tried navigating to the original file, but we had dozens of files in this job and it was impossible to know which was which. I tried finding a way to stop my anti-virus software or Windows from deleting the temporary files, but I just got lost in the weeds and couldn't find where/how to do that, and it doesn't sound like a very good solution, because the temporary file fold is HUGE and it needs to be deleted. SO... I was wondering what folks think of this, for our situation. When we have a multiple file job, we usually open all the files together, so auto-propagation makes changes in all the files at once. We haven't be merging the files, because opening them all at once leaves us more options. But, it ocurred to me that if I have only one, combined file, then it would be way easier to navigate to the original and see if that actually works. What do folks think? Maybe SDL will address this problem in it's new 2017 version coming out soon.Collapse

sdl_roman
Royaume-Uni
Local time: 05:28
Membre (2015)
SDL online community Sep 22, 2016

Hi Christopher & Rozilene,

I am sorry to hear that you having a problem with the Studio 2015.

Please feel free to contact our FREE online SDL Community which staffed with industry experts and where I am sure you will find a solution to the issue.

http://xl8.one

Kind regards,

SDL_Roman

Frank van 't Veer  Identity Verified
Membre (2002)
allemand vers néerlandais
+ ...
Changing the storage location for the dependency files Dec 20, 2016

Is it possible to change the storage location of the dependency files to a place that is not checked by these 'computer health applications'? Just the other day, I had a similar problem with dependency files being erased by an application, leading to a corrupt return package. Does any one know where this dependency file storage setting is located in Studio?

Calvo  Identity Verified
danois vers espagnol
+ ...
It works! Oct 14, 2020

[Alexa Dubreuil wrote:]

So basically, when Studio asked "Would you like to browse for the file?" I said ’yes’ and went to the Studio folder containing the source file. In my case, the source file was in English so I went in the "\en-GB" sub-folder created by Studio in the Project folder. Then I chose the actual .docx file (not the .sdlxliff file).

Oh, my God! This actually works!

I have struggled with this problem for several years, searching and searching for solutions. But this very simple solution actually works, and I can also create target files. Thanks a lot, Alexa (and Beatriz).

/Pedro

[Edited at 2020-10-14 08:45 GMT]

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

dependency file not found

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Recherche par terme
  • Travaux
  • Forums
  • Multiple search