Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:52
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Original solution works with 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Maverick333 wrote:
I had the same problem and found the solution. It's an option you need to check in your SDL Studio 2011. ... To resolve this you need to enable the option in the filetype settings to show tw4winMark style for all new created projects or opened documents...

I just had the same problem with Trados 2015 (newly installed).

Go to File > Options > File Types, then select and fold open the three MS Word file types, select the Common sub-item, and tick "Process files with tw4winMark style".

Ofra Hod
Ofra Hod  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 11:52
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Maverick333's solution worked for me after restart Jan 7, 2017

Hmmm... not really. The file was added but no batch tasks are associated with it.

[Edited at 2017-01-07 11:45 GMT]

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Just encountered this error Aug 31, 2017

In my case, the problem was apparently that the file had .DOC extension but was an RTF file inside. Saving it in Word as a proper .DOC helped.

Sara Carmona
Sara Carmona
Spain
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Agreed Apr 13, 2018

Anders Dalström wrote:

I'm quite unimpressed with Trados in this case, though. Just generating a lazy error message and not providing any instructions on how to solve the problem is simply not good enough for software that costs several hundred Euro.

I really couldn't agree more, it's outrageous.

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem Studio 2014 with update to Windows 10 Apr 13, 2018

There are 5 of us who have Studio 2014 Professional. We updated to Windows 10, and 4 of them worked fine. But the Kurdish translator´s Word files generate this same error message. He has tried saving .docx files as .doc and vice versa, and also as .rtf, but there is inconsistency as to whether or not he is able to save the target after translating. He has been translating and using his TM, and when he can´t save the target, he has been copying and pasting from Trados, overwriting the Engli... See more
There are 5 of us who have Studio 2014 Professional. We updated to Windows 10, and 4 of them worked fine. But the Kurdish translator´s Word files generate this same error message. He has tried saving .docx files as .doc and vice versa, and also as .rtf, but there is inconsistency as to whether or not he is able to save the target after translating. He has been translating and using his TM, and when he can´t save the target, he has been copying and pasting from Trados, overwriting the English source text.

Does anyone know of a solution? Our IT guy tried www.translationzone.com/.../tw4winclean-308.html ( https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000001836) but it didn´t help.
Collapse

Sotiria Orfanidou
Sotiria Orfanidou
Greece
Local time: 11:52
English to Greek
Use Notepad Jun 27, 2019

Hello all, I have tried all suggestions. What seems to work fine is Copy content to Notepad (always "clears" content) and Paste into a new .doc file and Save. Do this for both language versions. Works fine for Aligning the documents! Good luck!

Alice Díaz
Alice Díaz  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2013)
English to Spanish
+ ...
tw4WinMark Jul 4, 2019

I tried changing the document into pdf, docx, rtf, and no luck. The only one that worked for me is txt. Just in case this helps anyone.

GretchenGottin
GretchenGottin
Argentina
English to Spanish
rtf May 18, 2021

Nora Diaz wrote:

I encounter this problem frequently, so for some projects I now routinely save my Word files as RTF first. That usually takes care of the problem.

thank you! I've tried other options but only this one worked. You saved my day ☺♥

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio error "tw4WinMark style is not defined"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »