Confirm all in Trados Studio
Thread poster: Per Magnus
Per Magnus
Per Magnus  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:36
English to Norwegian
Jan 23, 2011

When I have done a search – replace and have lots of segments that should be updated to the translation memory. Is there a way to do this with one command, so I don’t have to press Ctrl-Enter for every segment?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Many different ways Jan 23, 2011

If the file is opened for translation:

• Use display filter to show all unconfirmed segments
  • Click in the number of the first segment shown
  • Scroll to the last segment
  • Press Shift
  • Click in the number of the last segment shown
  • Right click over the number column (important: right click ONLY there, otherwise the selection w... See more
If the file is opened for translation:

• Use display filter to show all unconfirmed segments
  • Click in the number of the first segment shown
  • Scroll to the last segment
  • Press Shift
  • Click in the number of the last segment shown
  • Right click over the number column (important: right click ONLY there, otherwise the selection will be lost) and select change segment status, change it to translated

More efficitent way:

• After S&R save the file
  • Close the file
  • Go to Files view, right click the file, Open for review
  • If desired, make QA checks on the file in Review mode
  • Press Complete Review to set the status of ALL segments to reviewed
  • This will change the sttus of ALL segments to reviewed without forcing you to confirm each single segment

Certainly you could also find other ways, like using the Display filter for displaying all segments containing a certain word or so, but I think method 2 ist the most efficient and fast one.
Collapse

István Hirsch
István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Batch process Jan 23, 2011

If you choose the first method Jerzy suggested, do not forget to introduce these changes into the TM too. To do this, Save the file, close Editor View, select Translation Memories View, open the TM you are working with, and update it at Project/Batch Tasks.

Without these steps, the changes occur in the translated file only, but not in the TM.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Batch process - I thought that would be obvious Jan 23, 2011

In fact you have to use the batch process regardless the method I suggested.
In both cases the final changes are NOT automaticaly stored in TM.
However, I simply assumed you would need to deliver translated files and this involves "Filanize" task. Otherwise use Finalize or Updte main TM tasks.

Per Magnus
Per Magnus  Identity Verified
English to Norwegian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 23, 2011

I appreciate the quick help.

Regards,
Magnus

Maxim Soolkovskiy
Maxim Soolkovskiy  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:36
English to Russian
Trados Apr 18, 2012

Trados 2009 is a great and complex software. In regards to some functionality, implementations of which might seem pretty simple to most of the users, is sometimes too complex and sophisticated. Being a long-term Trados 2009 user, I am aware of most of its bugs. I am talking about adding files to project, working with memory, tags management, large (over 30 Mb) Excel files, pdf conversion results etc. Mandatory requirement as to versions of Java VM, .NET and other third party software version in... See more
Trados 2009 is a great and complex software. In regards to some functionality, implementations of which might seem pretty simple to most of the users, is sometimes too complex and sophisticated. Being a long-term Trados 2009 user, I am aware of most of its bugs. I am talking about adding files to project, working with memory, tags management, large (over 30 Mb) Excel files, pdf conversion results etc. Mandatory requirement as to versions of Java VM, .NET and other third party software version installed in workstation in order to assure Trados functionality...
Sometimes, when it let me down prior to projects deadline, I was thinking to quit and try some other CAT tool instead, but I am still here, maybe because got used to it.
Anyways, just downloaded 2011 trial, hopefully it will be a great step forward in terms of usability and stability.

[Edited at 2012-04-18 10:57 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-04-18 10:58 GMT]
Collapse

Le Nguyen
Le Nguyen
Local time: 06:36
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Useful May 22, 2013

Thank all guys. Very useful advice coz I'm also in the middle of problem.

Jean-Yves Préault
Jean-Yves Préault  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Confirm all + update the TM in the same time Sep 4, 2019

First, let me thank the contributors of this topic.

And then, did you know it is actually possible and simple to confirm multiple strings while updating the TM at the same time ?

The answer comes from Tuomas Kostiainen's blog:

« Ok, now comes the exciting part… What about if you have several unconfirmed segments that you would like to “really” confirm, i.e. send to the memory as well? How do you do that? Here’s the answer: You select the target seg
... See more
First, let me thank the contributors of this topic.

And then, did you know it is actually possible and simple to confirm multiple strings while updating the TM at the same time ?

The answer comes from Tuomas Kostiainen's blog:

« Ok, now comes the exciting part… What about if you have several unconfirmed segments that you would like to “really” confirm, i.e. send to the memory as well? How do you do that? Here’s the answer: You select the target segments that you want to confirm (by holding down the Shift key and clicking in the first and last segments, for example, or selecting the text segment by segment with the Ctrl+Shift+DownArrow keyboard shortcut) and then just confirm them normally with Ctrl+Enter (or with any other confirmation command or button). You don’t even have to select the whole target cell. It’s enough to select just part of it. That simple. A word of warning though: sometimes it can take a while for Studio to do this if there are several segments to be confirmed, so be prepared.»

https://tradoshelp.wordpress.com/2016/03/18/confirming-multiple-segments-in-trados-studio/

Amazing, isn't it?

Congrats Tuomas

Jean-Yves
Collapse

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Confirm all in Trados Studio

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »