Thread poster: Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:30
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Dec 10, 2010

There only seems to be a way to add them one by one.

Also, they appear to be TM specific, so if one creates a new TM they have to be added one by one again.

Perhaps these settings are stored in an editable xml file? As far as I can see, one has to create a new Language Resources Template for that xml file to appear. And if opened with text editor, it is not directly editable.

[Edited at 2010-12-10 06:20 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:30
English
Language Resource templates Dec 10, 2010

Hi Spiros,

You are right in that you can't import or export abbreviation lists. But once you have created your Language Resource Template you can use this when you create a new TM and it will adopt the settings so you don't have to keep adding them in one by one.

But I think you are onto another good idea because it would be good to be able to update TM's using the same template all at the same time for example, or to be able to import additional items into any of the
... See more
Hi Spiros,

You are right in that you can't import or export abbreviation lists. But once you have created your Language Resource Template you can use this when you create a new TM and it will adopt the settings so you don't have to keep adding them in one by one.

But I think you are onto another good idea because it would be good to be able to update TM's using the same template all at the same time for example, or to be able to import additional items into any of the template settings.

Maybe a good one for the OpenExchange (), or ideas.sdl.com

Regards

Paul

http://www.sdl.com/en/language-technology/partners/sdl-openexchange/
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Hardcoded... Dec 10, 2010

Spiros Doikas wrote:

There only seems to be a way to add them one by one.

Also, they appear to be TM specific, so if one creates a new TM they have to be added one by one again.

Perhaps these settings are stored in an editable xml file?

AFAIK these settings are harcoded and non available in a human readable way.

Cheers
GG

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

Thank you very much for your quick reply, Paul.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This splendid idea does already exist Dec 10, 2010

Since 603 days (as per December 10th) to be precise: http://ideas.sdltrados.com/ideas/detail.asp?i=2119
Could you please kindly support that?
Really, I cannot understand how such basic function like this has been "forgotten" when programmig and how it can take so long to implement that...

kd42
kd42
Estonia
English to Russian
I suspect it is still forgotten, 10 years later Aug 10, 2020

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Since 603 days (as per December 10th) to be precise: http://ideas.sdltrados.com/ideas/detail.asp?i=2119
Could you please kindly support that?
Really, I cannot understand how such basic function like this has been "forgotten" when programmig and how it can take so long to implement that...

I need to import a long list abbreviations, and googling for a solution makes me think I will have to type them all by hand, make mistakes.

Or is there an import function already?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio: Importing/exporting abbreviation list

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »